Yellow eggs

barbara

My Mitsio had 21 eggs on 31st June this year so that makes them just over 10 weeks old, I candled them for the first time yesterday but can't see any veins only yellow, they have grown and are nice and white, does this mean they are infertile?

My Mitsio had 21 eggs on 31st June this year so that makes them just over 10 weeks old, I candled them for the first time yesterday but can't see any veins only yellow, they have grown and are nice and white, does this mean they are infertile?

Keep them for sure! It's normal to not see any color (veins or red tone for a few months). If they were not fertile they would have usually gone bad by now. I have a retained clutch that is right about 11 weeks and all are yellow. The clutch prior is about 6 weeks ahead and I can see veins and they are no longer yellow but looked the same as the retained clutch. Hope all goes well! I'm sure it will :D Wish I had Mitsio eggs :p
Jason

Thanks that makes me feel better I was beginning to worry, she had a second clutch of 29 a few weeks ago making a total of 50 eggs, they will be my first babies I'm so exited.

Thanks that makes me feel better I was beginning to worry, she had a second clutch of 29 a few weeks ago making a total of 50 eggs, they will be my first babies I'm so exited.

Congrats! It will be lots of fun :) They could hatch as early as 5 months or go longer but my avg. has always been about 7 months. What temps have you been keeping the eggs?

Had a few problems at first as we were having a heatwave for a couple of weeks, very unusual for this country and they went up to 80/82 but got them at 75/78 now

Back
Top Bottom