YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Lucille

Pinecone (my veiled) just arrived and he is beeyootiful!!!! I work at a school and I'm showing him off.
I'll get his cage set up in a few hours when I get home and mist it so he can drink, and I have crickets waiting for him.

I'm sorta apprehensive, I've read a lot and I want everything to be perfect for him and I want him to be happy. I hope he will be.

His cage was shipped at the same time as he was in a different box. Shhh, don't tell, I took a minute and set it up (it's one of those frames with a zippered mesh cover) and he's in it!

His new cage should arrive next week and he will have lots more room, and real plants, I hope to make it a Chameleon Palace lol. I could have had one ready and waiting but I sprang for a nice big cage, 2 x 3 x 7 feet tall and I think it will be worth waiting for.

Last edited:
Well sorry if I sound like a wanker but it’s best to have your setup complete and temps/humidity/basking set (a week or two) prior to acquiring a cham. Granted you could bang together a reptarium in minutes along with plants/vines/etc. but it’s the environment that takes time fine tuning.

Good luck with your new critter – I hope he works out well for you.

-roo

Good question.
If he's little he won't be in that 7 foot enclosure for several months.
Babies need to be kept in small enclosures to allow them to find food and water easily and to allow you to closely moniter their health and progress.

-Brad

He looks like he is about 11 inches from the tip of his snout to the tip of his tail; he is in a cage 17 x 17 x30; I think he will enjoy the new one I am having made for him. Should I move him in it yet? He is 2 years old according to the guy who sold it to me.

He is so purty.

also u might run the risk of him being an explorer and want to explore the top and then he might fall or something...

Although 11" is quite small fo a 2 year old male veiled.

Yeah … something’s amiss here. It’s either not 2 years old, not 11” or a dwarf veiled or something like that.

-roo

Well sorry if I sound like a wanker but it’s best to have your setup complete and temps/humidity/basking set (a week or two) prior to acquiring a cham. Granted you could bang together a reptarium in minutes along with plants/vines/etc. but it’s the environment that takes time fine tuning.

Good luck with your new critter – I hope he works out well for you.

-roo

I guess I won't be posting here then. I am happy to hear suggestions for things I can change in the future; I've done a lot of reading and am eager to listen and learn; but I frankly am not into hearing criticism of water already under the bridge.
Y'all take care.

Maybe he's a she.
When you get a chance send pictures so we can see him.
Does the animal have spurs on it's hind feet?

-Brad

Wow, and I wasn’t even trying to be nasty.

It really isn’t water under the bridge either, I was thinking of potential new cham keepers researching. It DOES set a bad example I’m afraid and I wanted to clarify that enclosures NEED TO BE COMPLETE prior to getting your cham. It’s fundamental and no one here will disagree with me on that.

- nasty roo

Nasty,

I hate to ruin the reputation you're trying to foster as a mean and critical member but you really didn't say anything (IMO) that was offensive or attacking.
It's hard sometimes to express our intent through typing and people can easily read things the wrong way. Everyone needs to keep in mind that we're in this avocation together and that we are all really trying to help one another and share our experiences and discoveries.

-Brad

Lucille, please don't be offended. It is just sooooooo easy to mess up with Chameleons. Everyone here truly has Chameleons best interest in mind.

I forgot what the stat is but something like 90% of the commincation is lost when just dealing with text like in a forum. Facial expressions, gestures, tone, etc. account for a ton of our communication and that gets lost here. And b/c of that people make the wrong assumptions ... and some people are just overly touchy too ... and people like me are just jerks.

-roo

Back
Top Bottom