Yeah...His First Carrot!

My Veiled got his first bit of collard greens yesterday.

Most keepers of panthers do not offer vegetables or greens to their chameleons

It seems that they would have free access to greens in the wild. I'm not a panther expert but I saw a few other posts about people's panthers eating vegetables.

It seems to me that it would be pretty difficult to get a strict insectivore to eat a vegetable.

From what I have seen so far I'd say panthers and vegetables seem to be a subject that could use some more research.

???

Most keepers of panthers do not offer vegetables or greens to their chameleons.

-Brad

Ive seen a few posts about panthers eating greens, some eating carrots too. He really enjoyed it and wanted more. are you saying that as a bad thing?

Last edited:
I certainly don't see what it could hurt. It could definitely use more research. Considering we gut load our crickets with veggies and greens, and the chameleons ingest them via cricket, how could it be a problem?

I'm going to try carrots as well. I tried collard greens and the panthers and the Melleri all gave me nasty looks. Maybe carrots have an appealing color or smell....

How did you present the veggies? I'd be thrilled to see my chams eat vggies. So much vitamins and fiber.
Did you chop it up and put in a dish on the bottom? Did you hand feed. I tried but the chams seem to have no interest if it doesn't move like someone else just mentioned

i got a potatoe peeler and shaved a thin piece off the carrot then put it infront of my cham he licked it, then he just dug in

Yes! So i actually have done this a few times in the past with success! I will chop up greens or micro blade carrot, put it in a feeder cup, then put my feeders on top of that and present it to my guy! I've seen him eat watercress, mustard greens, baby arugula and carrot so far... i like to think of it as a little bug salad, garnish with earthpro ?

Reminds me that I was worried my girl wasn't drinking and then she... shot her tongue at a water droplet
Tricked her into thinking it was food, hah

Back
Top Bottom