Yay!, Komet got his big boy cage today

I purchased a DIY from Alec at Pomona last week and finally set it up today.
One is Komets, the other is all 4. Cage 2 definitely needs remodeling, im gonna ask Suzi to come over and help

ps, I have 2 black and 2 silver which will drive me nuts, so I have to buy 2 more silver :)

Attachments

• 2012-01-15_13-37-23_461.jpg
    2012-01-15_13-37-23_461.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 277
  • 2012-01-15_13-37-59_39.jpg
    2012-01-15_13-37-59_39.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 227
I made sure to feed, water and shower Komet in his old cage. That way if he goes off his food for a day or two I know he had everything today.

Isn't it fun watching them figure out they have more room!

yea, my guy has just been running up and down everywhere. i get so mad at him tho because he always tries to climb on the screen no matter how many pathways and foliage i have in there!!

Right??
Already made the call for new ones!.
Good thing is, I see improvements I need to make (tree height, for instance) in one I am replacing. So I will wait and do it only once

i would like to say that your cages are beautiful i recently joined the forum because i have a bearded dragon and thought that i would like to advance in the herp world and i have been checking out everyones enclosures,chameleon care sheets and it is pictures like yours that make me want to get a cham.

i would like to say that your cages are beautiful i recently joined the forum because i have a bearded dragon and thought that i would like to advance in the herp world and i have been checking out everyones enclosures,chameleon care sheets and it is pictures like yours that make me want to get a cham.

i just finished making a new cage for my beardie along with a new cage for my cham. well not 100% done, more like 98% done but both cham and beardie are much more active in there new home.

and i also have to have matching cages if they are going to be side by side, but if they are in dif room or dif sides of the room it doesnt matter to me

It is the LLL, totally hate the upper panel, it doesn't open and I really have to contort to get Krunch out. Of course he is the only one that doesn't tackle me to get out :)
The first is DIY, 2 black are zoomed(which I will probably just throw away, they are so poorly made)

They look great Anne!!! I am with you on the LLL I have two of them and at some point I am sure I will change them out or use them for outdoor cages. You know how I LOVE your plants. I have recently gone to plant stands in all my cages and WOW what a difference in keeping them clean. I know the Dave makes some but I found some at Lowes that work well and aren't too expensive.

Rob, I would love to get my smaller plants onto stands, can you take a pic so I know what to look for?.
I also put my reflective tape in the hoods, now my reads are even higher!!

So you guys have trouble with your LLL cages? I just bought my first one from there the other day. It ships on Monday. What exactly do you have trouble with pertaining those cages? I had a couple of concerns with it, but figured it would work out. I'm going to make a separate post about the subject.. I just thought I'd ask what you don't like about them. That way I can be prepared. I love your setup by the way. It looks very professional. :)

So you guys have trouble with your LLL cages? I just bought my first one from there the other day. It ships on Monday. What exactly do you have trouble with pertaining those cages? I had a couple of concerns with it, but figured it would work out. I'm going to make a separate post about the subject.. I just thought I'd ask what you don't like about them. That way I can be prepared. I love your setup by the way. It looks very professional. :)

The ONLY issue I have with them is that top panel on the 2x2x4 cage that doesn't open. Otherwise they are just fine.

It looks very nice. What lighting do you use? I'm going to do a side by side like yours (but only 2). Also, what do you use between the cages for individual "privacy"? I picked up some plants today 2 umbrella and 2 pothos. I like things to match, too.:D

Back
Top Bottom