Finally in her big girl cage!

Faithan84

After months of reading all I could, asking questions, bothering everyone I know talking about chameleons, stress, lots of $$$ (thanks to stimulus checks!), driving around for hours for branches, furniture, and plants, planning, many Amazon purchases, learning how to use power tools, rearranging furniture, help from relatives, patience from my cat, getting friendly with the employees at my local hardware store, waiting, a ton of zip ties, and lots of cleaning, Kiwi is finally in her big girl cage!

❤️❤️❤️Thank you to all on this forum who provide their time and expertise so I could provide the best life for my sweet (*ahem* grumpy) little impulse buy! You've saved her life and I have learned SO much along the way! ❤️❤️❤️

I've learned that the joy in keeping a chameleon is not cuddles and ease. It's problem solving, effort, and learning. To see Kiwi happy and exploring what I've created for her is such a sweet reward!

IMG_20210404_202508956_HDR.jpg

She wasn't too happy when I first moved her... 😓

IMG_20210405_124808389_HDR.jpg

But now she's chilling. 😊

IMG_20210405_093040342.jpg

IMG_20210405_093031194.jpg

IMG_20210405_194337553.jpg

Her nighttime curtain. 😊

🌺❤️Thank you!!! ❤️🌺

Last edited:
Congrats with your excellent job :cool::cool:, it´s worth all the money, effort, stress and driving around ;)
Now it´s time to enjoy her, wish you many joyful and healthy years with her 🙌✌️

Already noticed a big smile of her on the second picture :)

Ps. just out of curiosity, the PVC pipes are also for fogging or just for mounting the brackets? If not maybe this would be an future option, because you only need to drill some holes and connect an extra pipe to the fogger. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/fogger-tube-modification.181357/

Congrats with your excellent job :cool::cool:, it´s worth all the money, effort, stress and driving around ;)
Now it´s time to enjoy her, wish you many joyful and healthy years with her 🙌✌️

Already noticed a big smile of her on the second picture :)

Ps. just out of curiosity, the PVC pipes are also for fogging or just for mounting the brackets? If not maybe this would be an future option, because you only need to drill some holes and connect an extra pipe to the fogger. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/fogger-tube-modification.181357/
Thank you! ❤️

Right now they're just for lighting. I've seen where people have used it for fogging. That will be a project for another day. I need a break! 😅 Thanks for the link! 😊

Looks good. I'm sure it'll look amazing when the plants grow in a bit more—which shouldn't take long.
Thanks! I was surprised by how much extra space I had! I thought the new plants were huge. I was sure I'd fill in more space with the plants I had in old cage! I'm hoping the monstera gets the huge leaves it's known for.

Wow! You have done a fantastic job! Such a huge and positive change! I love posts like this! 💗
Thank you! It was a huge project. I'm so thankful for all your advice! I had a lot of help!

Looks Great!
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom