Yay!, Komet got his big boy cage today

I use a simple shower curtain, cut to size and then use the panel screws to secure it.
I have gone to 48" hoods from Home Depot, they are 20.00 for a 2 bulb fixture. I put a 6500k on one side, 5.0 zoo med the other. I also apply reflective tape on the inside, it increases lighting alot.

Last edited:
Rob, I would love to get my smaller plants onto stands, can you take a pic so I know what to look for?.
I also put my reflective tape in the hoods, now my reads are even higher!!

Here are the stands. Please excuse the messy floors, they were already asleep when I got home so I just snapped a couple pictures. The second also shows a laying bin.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326764899552.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326764899552.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 109
  • uploadfromtaptalk1326764920917.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326764920917.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
That's a nice cage rack you have, but you'll have to update the pics again when you have it all matching............then you'll have to find somewhere to put 2 black cages (what are you going to put in them? :))

Good thing is, I see improvements I need to make (tree height, for instance) in one I am replacing. So I will wait and do it only once

What kind of trees are those? They almost look like spider plant trees, but i didn't know there was such a thing. they look like great additions to your well crafted enclosures.

Hey David, how are you?
Well it will be one of three things:
Throw them out or give them away
Use them for sunning cages
or start another row of all black :p

They are "song of india" trees. In the draecena family. Safe, do well (1has been in a cage for a year) in cages

*giggle* at first I didn't see "cage" just the "rack", I tell ya, sometimes my mind just wanders all by itself!

Out of all the cages out there the ones from LLL are the best. I do agree the only fault is the 2x2x4 doesn't have a full door opening. I don't like how the DIY cages dont have a bottom door for cleaning but other than that they are good. As far as the Reptibreeze well..... I could get booted for the language I would use to describe the overpriced, poorly made general hunk of S$&*% they are. LOL

LOL anne my cages would drive you crazy then cause i have alil of everything, color of the cage makes no diff to me or the chams...

Oh, I so agree about the zoomeds, I have bitched about them here time and time again :)
Rob, I have a little ocd in me. All the labels in my pantry are faced forward, I could go on :)
I even bought a silver hood first, painted it black so it would match my black cages. But it wouldn't turn on, so I threw it in the pile

Oh, I so agree about the zoomeds, I have bitched about them here time and time again :)
Rob, I have a little ocd in me. All the labels in my pantry are faced forward, I could go on :)
I even bought a silver hood first, painted it black so it would match my black cages. But it wouldn't turn on, so I threw it in the pile

LOL when I got home with those DIY cages from Pomona I thought my wife was going to be upset I bought more cages. Instead she wanted to know why I didn't buy more...."now they wont match":eek::eek::D Your not alone;)

Lookin' good :)

Ahahahahahah @ the labels in your pantry :D I won't even get into how I used to have my clothes color coordinated from lightest shades to darkest, tanks to tees to long with all hangers having to match :rolleyes:

How goes it girlfriend, I have been a lil busy, and really want a chameleon playmate! ;)

See?, this is why we were instant friends, I do the exact same thing with my clothes:)
Dillan only wears sox 1 time. Yep that's right, a new pair of sox everyday :)
How are the new, new babies?

Rob?? You didn't run and buy more? And more babies???

Back
Top Bottom