WTH? My Ambanja is YELLOW!

carol5208

Chameleon Enthusiast
Had my guy out this morning for some sun and walah!!! Yellow Ambanja!!! Never saw this before!!! Not too much outside time last two days. My temp gun read 104 yesterday! Not good chameleon weather!!!

Attachments

• WP_20130617_035.jpg
    WP_20130617_035.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 325
  • WP_20130617_030.jpg
    WP_20130617_030.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 367
  • WP_20130617_043.jpg
    WP_20130617_043.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 355
  • WP_20130617_031.jpg
    WP_20130617_031.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 356
  • WP_20130617_009.jpg
    WP_20130617_009.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 309
Boomer looks totally awesome requardless of his colors. Do you think he might have got hot outside? My panthers will turn yellow when they get hot and I know it's time to bring them in. We have had some high temps the past 4 days and I've only been able to get my guys out a couple hours in the early morning in the shade.

Carol, I recently bought a male from Grimbold as well and last night was the first time I seen him turn ALL yellow while sleeping!! Mine is about 4 months old and coloring up FAST!! I can only HOPE that he looks half as good as Boomer!!

Wow! You've gotten pretty good with the photoshop, eh? :D Just kidding, Carol!! Boomer is Friggen amazing!!

Boomer looks totally awesome requardless of his colors. Do you think he might have got hot outside? My panthers will turn yellow when they get hot and I know it's time to bring them in. We have had some high temps the past 4 days and I've only been able to get my guys out a couple hours in the early morning in the shade.

Jann it is possible but I had him out early and it was only in the mid 80's this morning and was also like that with the shade covering I put over the cage. Ijust took it off to take the pics. Anyways, I brought him in and he was still yellow for about an hour afterwards so I don't know. But I will keep that into consideration. I was just very surprised to see him like this! The ever changing colors of the chameleons!!!! I just didn't know ambanjas could be yellow. I thought they were blue/green. You know how yellow Romeo was. I guess I am destinied to own yellow chameleons!!

Jann it is possible but I had him out early and it was only in the mid 80's this morning and was also like that with the shade covering I put over the cage. Ijust took it off to take the pics. Anyways, I brought him in and he was still yellow for about an hour afterwards so I don't know. But I will keep that into consideration. I was just very surprised to see him like this! The ever changing colors of the chameleons!!!! I just didn't know ambanjas could be yellow. I thought they were blue/green. You know how yellow Romeo was. I guess I am destinied to own yellow chameleons!!

Lol! Didn't I just tell you the other dat to not count your chickens?!? ;) Fwiw, I've seen some killer yellow banja's out there. My goal is to obtain one!

Here's one that I found on Instagram awhile back. He's in Japan. Hopefully the owner won't mind.

y4y7amyt.jpg

he is just as stunning as can be ! I love all the colors, and now even yellow is climbing my "want" list - heck... I WANT THEM ALL !! :p

Wow! You've gotten pretty good with the photoshop, eh? :D Just kidding, Carol!! Boomer is Friggen amazing!!

haha. Sometimes his stripes are like neon and I am like people are gonna think I enhanced them, but I have never touched them, that is the way they turn out. My regular camera is not the best and is missing the front piece but still takes pics. These were from myphone.

he is just as stunning as can be ! I love all the colors, and now even yellow is climbing my "want" list - heck... I WANT THEM ALL !! :p

lol! I just want a blue chameleon! Is that asking for so much! I should have got a Nosey Be!!! No, he is very cool but I did want a blue banja. His sire had some green but not near the green mine has. Just goes to show they don't always turn out like the parents.

Carol, I recently bought a male from Grimbold as well and last night was the first time I seen him turn ALL yellow while sleeping!! Mine is about 4 months old and coloring up FAST!! I can only HOPE that he looks half as good as Boomer!!
Oh, you will have to post some pics as he develops. When this guy sleeps just his tail is yellow but nothing else! Weird little creatures they are!!!

Back
Top Bottom