Wowzers.

Ponyboy

I was installing the little dripper in Moe's cage when all of the sudden she flattened her body, turned almost black with bright spots, started swaying her tail back and forth, put her front legs up and started hissing!!

...she thought it was a snake!! Needless to say I had to use a clear hose instead of the black one so I didn't stress her anymore.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    356.6 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 191
Did you have to poke a hole in the screen to get the tube/hose through? I have a big dripper but can't seem to find a way to feed it through the screen without making a hole..

Did you have to poke a hole in the screen to get the tube/hose through? I have a big dripper but can't seem to find a way to feed it through the screen without making a hole..

I just rest mine on top. The water drips through the screen with ease... i just put a little piece of sticky tack a few inches from the end to hold it in place.

I just rest mine on top of the cage as well. I noticed that my male panther really dislikes the black hoses that most of these things come with though too.

I used a long houseplant watering hose attached to a bathroom sink to water my free range room trees. The melleri were convinced that hose was a snake and wouldn't stop earflapping, hissing, inflating, rocking, curling tails, etc. until I coiled it up and removed it every single time. Ended up being more hassle than NOT using it. So much for convenience.

My male did that once when I tried to add a new branch to his cage whilst he was still in it! He taught me that in order to change/add anything you need to take the cham out of the cage first, lol!

Back
Top Bottom