wow...growing up i guess

stevenidlett

i dont know what it is but my chameleon shed for the first time that i have seen today....shes about a month old.....and when i went to get her out of her cage earlier she was the biggest grouch ive ever seen...she usually just comes out no prob but i couldnt even get near her with out her freakin out on me

Welcome to the world of chameleon..
I'm guessing it's a veiled chameleon?
If my guess is correct, you'll have many many occasions where he snaps at you..
Seriously, they are equivalent to a teenager in puberty..:D

lol thats what it seems like...the question is do i show authority and continue to grab at her or do i take it and let her be?

if she wont let you hold her dont. everyone in a while put on some gloves and just go in. i did that with all 3 of my chams and now they just crawl onto my hand. i try not to hold more than one a week, but my big male hasnt eattin in like a months so i have been giving him a liquid diet. so this whole week i have held him in the morning.

gotcha she's tiny so i dont think it would hurt too bad if she bit me...but regardless i didnt wanna stress the lil drama queen out

lol thats what it seems like...the question is do i show authority and continue to grab at her or do i take it and let her be?

The answer will be just the way you would treat your teenage kids when they throw a tantrum.
I guess it's depends on the personality of your cham.

I'm a weak parent. I usually let my cham to relax first be4 attempting it again..
Because, a cornered chameleon might start to get creative and "CHOMP!"

I saw a pic of somebody in this forum get bitten by an adult chameleon..
ehhh suffice to say that it's not a pretty picture.

So, I play good cop bad cop with my hands.

When i absolutely in need to get him out (for cleaning and vet visit), I use a thick brown leather gloves. Boy, he hates that gloves for sure..
I think he associate that glove with being poked around.. because i always use that glove whenever I need to take him to a vet.

What i did is i put my other hand in the opposite side, while my equipped hand freak him out. He usually run for cover to my bare left hand.
He associates my bare hands with food. and blue gloves with shower and sunning outside.

When I wear blue gloves, he prances around and start climbing my hand.
uhhh doesn't really answer your Q, but i hope it's helpful

You know what amuses me. If you ask anyone in the forums what the best starter cham is they will all say veiled.

Now ask which cham is the most crabby, picky, grouchy and general pain in the butt personality....ALSO A VEILED!

But they sure are cute little buggers :) Wouldn't trade mine for anything!

You know what amuses me. If you ask anyone in the forums what the best starter cham is they will all say veiled.

Now ask which cham is the most crabby, picky, grouchy and general pain in the butt personality....ALSO A VEILED!

But they sure are cute little buggers :) Wouldn't trade mine for anything!

usually the one that is PITA is the one that end up well.
I say attitude is good. It means that they are healthy:)
They are more forgiving for rookie mistake.. unlike the other species.

Back
Top Bottom