worst of the worst

I've found that holding a dog by the scruff and growling at them works really well ( i get a few strange looks when i do this lol, great for puppies though ) then solitary confinement for a while - they hate being ignored and this is a much worse punishment than a beating.

I have used a rolled up newspaper to give them a whack ( not hard ) on the backside on a few occasions though.

Everyone has their own method of training and each dog reacts differently so one method might work for one dog but not another.

I've been quite fortunate with my training as i've owned a few wolf hybrids ( only got one now, a 50% male ) and these are supposed to be the hardest to train and the most temperamental. None of my hybrids have ever had to live outside or have personality issues, they've all trained really well for me even to the extent of walking to heel off the leash, not chewing and not chasing the horses and sheep lol.

And back on topic, fortunately nothing bad has happened to Shiver and i'm hoping it stays that way :p

OH MY!... I would NEVER strike the face! There are fragile bones there, around the eyes especially. Let me explain.... I had to put the torn cotton batting from the couch to her nose so she could feel what she was feeling earlier while destroying the couch. Then I had to yell and yell to make a nightmare. I had to slap her back thigh each time so that she knew I was serious. I did not repeatedly, randomly, uncaringly beat my dog. In fact, you could say that I was verbally making a fuss, so she would know how bad she was. It took three days of me having to "show her," yall at her and slap her thigh for her to understand it was not proper behaviour to ruin Grandma's couch. She HAD to learn this and quick. I could not afford to mess around with no no's. It wasn't getting through. After the three days of me having to extend myself... we had a lifetime understanding and a wonderful long relationship. She died old, half blind and deaf.
Also, let me say, I would NEVER hit a lesser being. Even if Fractal bites me, I will never strike. In fact, I will have to do my best to maintain the "you are not hurting me stance."
Thanks, Jordan, for understanding, and I hope I've cleared things up on that account.
Now how about these smoking neighbours of mine? lol One of the guys almost fell down the stairs when he first saw Fractal. lol Fractal's getting BIG!!!

This thread is really depressing. Not sure why it's taking off really.
Its taking off because people finally feel comfortable enough to say what they did wrong in this kind of environment. They now see that prodominate people n this forum were in the same boat as them at one point in time.

Depressing it may be, but in the long run each of these expiriences has made us better keepers. For those who haven't had any mis-haps, they can now avoid ones they had never dreamed of. Depressing, yes. But a yet it is still a learning expirience.

A link to this thread should be posted whenever some one looses their animal. It shows that almosy everyone here has lost one, but they learned from it and it made them a better keeper overall.

Brian S. wrote: (in regards to the response in this "dread thread") Its taking off because people finally feel comfortable enough to say what they did wrong in this kind of environment. They now see that prodominate people n this forum were in the same boat as them at one point in time.

I commend you for bringing this to the forefront. If someone feels intimidated into not asking a question, then a chameleon might die unnecessarily. None of us here would want that. We all want the oportunity to do the best by all chams. That's why we come here. All of us know what we know and that's all we know. So let's continue to share and know that the lot of us is unique in that we are all attracted to the same thing. Chameleons... and everything about them.
You guys warm ny heart when you share your knowledge with me so that I can do the best for my chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom