Worries on laying eggs

hello! it’s 12:40 am and i do have school tomorrow, i don’t have too much power over it. i will keep an eye on her tomorrow and see what i can do. last time i went to the vet they asked for $300 to do an x ray, i received a powder from them instead as the less costly option and that is what got her to lay the eggs, if she still isn’t eating tomorrow or is lethargic, i will try my best to get her to a vet. I’m still pretty young so to do that i woukd have to convince my parents again to let me take her, this is why i’ve been trying to find alternatives. thank you for your advice!
Some of the younger members have shown their parents the posts to help them to understand the importance of what is needed. You may want to try that. I wish a positive outcome for you and your cham.

Some of the younger members have shown their parents the posts to help them to understand the importance of what is needed. You may want to try that. I wish a positive outcome for you and your cham.
if i give her more privacy and calcium powder or the nexton vitamin powder, do you think that would help? that’s pretty much how she laid them in the first place, i think she might have a few left since she isn’t at her best yet :(

Hi. I’ve been following your post and feel I need to add my 2 cents.
After laying, they are up in their basking spot and hungry. What you’ve said your chameleon is doing does not sound normal. Chams hide that anything is wrong until they are quite ill and distressed.
@kinyonga is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable members on the forum and is not prone to exaggeration or scare tactics. I understand all too well how expensive veterinary care is, but your sweet girl really needs a vet check sooner rather than later. With the weekend coming up, even if you could find an emergency clinic skilled in reptiles, the cost will be double and triple a regular vet visit. I hope you’ll take this to heart and please keep us posted on how your girl is doing.
she isn’t looking too good, i think she does have edema and she definitely is still plump, i’m going to give her a lot of privacy today (barely got any yesterday) and have the lights in my room off so she is a bit more relaxed, i and going to try to feed her but i’m not sure how it’s gonna turn out, this is how she looks:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 104
Hi. I’ve been following your post and feel I need to add my 2 cents.
After laying, they are up in their basking spot and hungry. What you’ve said your chameleon is doing does not sound normal. Chams hide that anything is wrong until they are quite ill and distressed.
@kinyonga is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable members on the forum and is not prone to exaggeration or scare tactics. I understand all too well how expensive veterinary care is, but your sweet girl really needs a vet check sooner rather than later. With the weekend coming up, even if you could find an emergency clinic skilled in reptiles, the cost will be double and triple a regular vet visit. I hope you’ll take this to heart and please keep us posted on how your girl is doing.
update! she ate from my hand, the worms had the nexton powder on it to maybe help her out, but now she looks different than what i
previously posted, now sje is sucking in at the end near her tail

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 90
I'm still concerned that she a may have some eggs in her that she didn't lay. If she does it won't be too long before she suffers and dies.

When you overfeed a female veiled and keep her basking area warmer than I mentioned, it makes them produce way more eggs than they should.....like yours did. They can produce even more than 85 eggs when they are overfed and develop MBD and prolapse, etc. Laying that many eggs is not good for them and shortens their lives. It can lead to health issues that cause them not to be able to have the eggs develop (follicular stasis) or not be able to lay the eggs (dystocia/egg binding). Those issues lead to death if you don't help the female soon enough by getting her spayed.

Your female should have laid the eggs, filled in the hole and tamped it down and returned to the branches, hungry and thirsty and should not still be sleepy.

What happens next is up to you and your parents. I just don't like to see an animal suffer.

I'm still concerned that she a may have some eggs in her that she didn't lay. If she does it won't be too long before she suffers and dies.

When you overfeed a female veiled and keep her basking area warmer than I mentioned, it makes them produce way more eggs than they should.....like yours did. They can produce even more than 85 eggs when they are overfed and develop MBD and prolapse, etc. Laying that many eggs is not good for them and shortens their lives. It can lead to health issues that cause them not to be able to have the eggs develop (follicular stasis) or not be able to lay the eggs (dystocia/egg binding). Those issues lead to death if you don't help the female soon enough by getting her spayed.

Your female should have laid the eggs, filled in the hole and tamped it down and returned to the branches, hungry and thirsty and should not still be sleepy.

What happens next is up to you and your parents. I just don't like to see an animal suffer.
right now she is back in her lay bin, i’m not sure what to do, my parents don’t want me to take her to the vet again since it’s expensive. i’ll see if i can take her, also i thought it’s dangerous to spay a chameleon, i thought there was a high risk of death?

Personally I would listen to what @kinyonga says about the vet. But I am seeing something quite abnormal about her gular area. What supplements are you using and how often?
i use repti calcium with D3 and i don’t use it too much, i put it on her crickets a few times a a week, and i was just recently given a powder from the vet from the brand Nexton and it said to use a little of it daily on her food

Does the neckton have prEformed vitamin A in it? D3? Calcium?
For prEformed vitamin A look for words like retinol, retinyl.
Look for the words beta carotene too...that's prOformed vitamin A.
How much of each? How often have you used it?

Does the Repti calcium have D3 or vitamin A in it?

i’m not home right now but i’m pretty sure it says D3, i’m almost certain of it. and i don’t know what’s in the other one, i only put enough to coat the food, i can check later what is in it tho.

THey are using calcium with D3 multiple times a week. I can not find anything on the Nexton online.

i only use it maybe 3 times? and i think i might have the name wrong, i’m trying to find it
If it is the calcium with D3 this is only supposed to be used 2 times a month and a multivitamin like reptivite without D3 should be used 2 times a month these get rotated week to week at one feeding. Calcium without D3 should be used at all other feedings.

If it is the calcium with D3 this is only supposed to be used 2 times a month and a multivitamin like reptivite without D3 should be used 2 times a month these get rotated week to week at one feeding. Calcium without D3 should be used at all other feedings.
I’m kinda upset right now, i asked the pet store whete i got her from multiple times when to give that powder, and they said a few times a week, do you maybe think this will help the neck issue?

Back
Top Bottom