Worms only!

Teresa

I have a 1 1/2 year old male veiled who will only eat worms. Any ideas to get him to eat roaches and crickets? He is cup fed and he will pick out just the worms.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Silkworms are pretty much the best staple out there, though they are quite expensive, so this isn't necessarily a bad thing if you are using them. Just keep offering him crickets and roaches and he may eventually go for them as well. Some chams are just picky.

Edit: also, let him be hungry for a day or two and then offer him just crickets or just roaches. He should go for them.

As Kenya said the silkworm are excellent feeders. As long as you are just giving the supers and horns for a treat, that should be fine. Jann

Yes he does. And he looks at me like What the $@*% where are the worms. Even if they are free in the cage he will not touch them. :mad:

Has he always been like this? Silkworms are great, so you don't have to worry, because like said before, they are great staples.

He has since I got him on X~mas night. Previous owner (fourm member) said he can be picky. I am just having a hard time finding large silkworms. He weighs 245 grams. So keeping him full on silkies is not cheap.;)

Some people say that, but can be used as you staples if you are growing other worms. So, you could buy like 200-250 and then by the time you are done using them, the Hornworms and Silkworms will be done growing. Then feed him the adult Hornworms and Silkworms. Once you are done, repeat. Not a staple staple, but used when needed, since they are high in fat, people give them to their lizards when they lay eggs, or need to pack on some pounds. I used to do half Superworms and half Crickets, my Veiled never had problems, until he got MBD :(. Hope this helps.

One of my chams is a picky eater and his staple is Superworms as he just is not a fan of crickets. Just gutload them the same as crix and they are ok. There are a few members here who do the same.

Wax worms are the treat worms :)

Waxworms are also easy to inject with water, if your chameleon is dehydrated. They eat it, and get a mouthful of water, but swallow it because the food is there :D. Thats funny, he likes them because they are high in fat :)

Back
Top Bottom