Worm size

PTCham

I know the general rule of thumb for feeders (such as dubia roaches and crickets) is that the feeder should not be longer than the width of the lizards head.

What is the rule for hornworms and superworms? Hornworms are very squishy, but do get pretty big. Superworms do have a rough shell, but I don't think I have ever seen a superworm that's smaller than a cham's head.

I didn't know if there is a different rule for worm-type feeders.

P.S.
Finally got my cham, instead of Jackson's (humidity wasn't good enough for a cloud montane) I got a veiled chameleon from the Jethro Bloodline at FLCham. His name is Gazpacho and I'll be sure to give an update soon. :)

With worms you want to make sure the width not the length is narrower than the space between your chams eyes. They do have the ability to turn their food in their mouth as they eat it. Don't get carried away with the hornworms size. They are a large meal. If you over do it they can leave your cham gasping until they get them down.

If the hornworms look like they are going to get to big for your cham to handle you can refrigerate them for ~24 hours to slow their growth.

Back
Top Bottom