Worlds Largest Cham! Which one is it?

That's definitely the largest cham I've ever seen. Begs the question - what the hell would you feed it? Sparrows?

hehe........"anything it wants"

damn right anything it wants!!!!!!!!! i would feed it the small wannabe gangster kids that jacked my Veiled............wow it would be a full time job raising all the diff feeders i would want have in hand to feed that amazing relic of a reptile. i think an agile bird or very large flying insect would be the most technical target. imagine the mechanics behind a shot like that.

This picture was on another site that I belong to and asked permission to use it as an example of the size that a Parsonii can obtain. He notified me that it wasn't his picture but it was ok to use it .This is a old chameleon thats why he looks rough. The picture is low quality but you get the Idea.

parsoniigigantemz1.jpg

Bump.. This guy is huge WOW, its almost unbelievable!! and makes me want a Parsonii even more... Thanks for sharing that picture Dean!

Bump.. This guy is huge WOW, its almost unbelievable!! and makes me want a Parsonii even more... Thanks for sharing that picture Dean!

I've seen this old picture before years ago. Remember, the scale is misleading because the man holding the cham is probably a short stature slightly built Malagasy. I also think the picture is foreshortened due to the camera lense. Yes, it is a large male Parson's (been there seen them myself) but I don't think this particular picture is typical.

Man I wish there were some data records of that parsons, then we could see its actual length. It looks huge anyway, imagine how heavey that thing is.

Man I wish there were some data records of that parsons, then we could see its actual length. It looks huge anyway, imagine how heavey that thing is.

Or the power of its GRIP! I remember my fingers getting numb from the grip of a "typical" male parsoni. Absolutely huge hammy feet!

Theres no doubt that the largest chameleons are mostly wild caught. The biggest panther chameleon male and females ive seen have all been brought in wild caught.

Theres no doubt that the largest chameleons are mostly wild caught. The biggest panther chameleon male and females ive seen have all been brought in wild caught.

Interesting, does anybody know why this should be the case?

melleri

the biggest cham i've seen was a Meller's chameleon at the Shedd Aquarium in chicago, this thing was a freakin MONSTER. He could have eaten my adult veiled. I was shocked at how large he was.

A Parson's could have eaten your cat.
Interesting, does anybody know why this should be the case?

Probably for the same reason wild caught parrots were much larger than captive born and bred parrots. Captive bred animals are probably stunted for a variety of reasons, but I suspect diet/nutrition plays the biggest role.

Back
Top Bottom