Oh, I see what you are saying. Those can look pretty neat in enclosures. I am not a fan of just plain old dowel rods which is what I was imagining you were talking about.
I personally go out and collect mine. Nature is way more artistic than humans and it is amazing what you can find when you go looking!! As long as you use good common sense and don't pick up half rotted wood that would most certainly be full of nasties, most things are great. My personal favorites are oak and fruit trees. Apple trees have very soft wood and when you freshly prune them, you can bend the sticks around the way you want them. After they dry, they stay that way. Live Oak is pretty because it has a lot of natural lichens that grow on it.
I see you are from Texas. I live in the north east section of Texas. We have huge wild grapevines that look amazing in enclosures.