Wooden cage questions

etclement

Established Member
Hi everyone! As some of you may know from my past threads about my summer project, I am building a large bioactive cage for my Veiled. I am almost ready to start construction, and I wondered what anyone else with experience building cages can help me with. I was going to use pressure treated wood, but I know I would need to coat it. Is there any good coatings you guys use, or another alternative to pressure treated? Also, what kind of corner brackets should I use for the cage? Thanks!

I'm in the same process as you are. I used an old china cabinet and redid it for a cham. I don't have it all the way set up yet so no chameleon yet either.

What I used to coat the inside where the spray will hit was the rubber flex seal stuff. The spray can type is to clump and not smooth enough but the kind you get in the bucket like paint goes on well.

The only problem I've found is you need to do more than one coat. That's all I did and while putting everything together I would scratch and peel the flex seal away. I'm thinking an extra coat would have helped.

I'm in the same process as you are. I used an old china cabinet and redid it for a cham. I don't have it all the way set up yet so no chameleon yet either.

What I used to coat the inside where the spray will hit was the rubber flex seal stuff. The spray can type is to clump and not smooth enough but the kind you get in the bucket like paint goes on well.

The only problem I've found is you need to do more than one coat. That's all I did and while putting everything together I would scratch and peel the flex seal away. I'm thinking an extra coat would have helped.
I will keep that in mind, thanks!

IMG_0119.JPG
Hi everyone! As some of you may know from my past threads about my summer project, I am building a large bioactive cage for my Veiled. I am almost ready to start construction, and I wondered what anyone else with experience building cages can help me with. I was going to use pressure treated wood, but I know I would need to coat it. Is there any good coatings you guys use, or another alternative to pressure treated? Also, what kind of corner brackets should I use for the cage? Thanks!
I built an outside screen cage I used natural wood not chemical treated. I made it so it was no taller then a door frame so I could keep it in the garage sometimes. The front door is very big and is hinged. I just have to screen it

Back
Top Bottom