Won’t shoot tongue

hey weebo hows he doing?

They put him on betryl and in the x ray they said there is a build up in his intestine. Some sort of blockage. They recommended I soak him in warm water to help it pass. Other than that, casque is still swollen they have no answer for it and he still has no use of his tongue. But he is taking liquid calcium now also

They put him on betryl and in the x ray they said there is a build up in his intestine. Some sort of blockage. They recommended I soak him in warm water to help it pass. Other than that, casque is still swollen they have no answer for it and he still has no use of his tongue. But he is taking liquid calcium now also
ok well at least the treatment is underway and it sounds like youre doing the best you can. I personally would try to focuson the intestinal blockage because the puffed casque could just be obesity. It also might have something to do with the blockage or something else

hope he gets better soon

Wonder if you can do the beardy trick, and put a few drops of olive/fish oil on the nose to get them to lick it and get the works going again. Also using pumpkin puree as a gut load helps, just dont use pumpkin pie filling, as it has the spices and sugar preadded.

Baby pear food helps move the bowels too.

How many insects do you feed him a week?

I don't think what they're doing is going to solve the tongue issue but I hope I'm wrong.

Baby pear food helps move the bowels too.

How many insects do you feed him a week?

I don't think what they're doing is going to solve the tongue issue but I hope I'm wrong.

no I agree. I don’t see how they are going to help the tongue issue. They seem to think it’s all a calcium deficiency problem. What other options are there for fixing tongue issues?

Update on weebo. Never regained tongue function. He’s tries and it barely gets past his mouth. He goes face first into his food bowl and tries using it, struggles but does eventually get his food. I switched from crickets to all dubias. Better nutrition and easier for him to catch now. His casque is still just as swollen as a few years ago. But he’s strong, he doesn’t fall, he’s active. He eats he drinks he poops. Poor guy just struggles to eat :/ I guess he’ll never be able to use his tongue again considering he’s now 5 years old and hasn’t had full tongue function in over 2 years

Pics

Attachments

• 305E980D-29B8-4857-A25A-B17D1D0587EA.jpeg
    305E980D-29B8-4857-A25A-B17D1D0587EA.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 90FC01A9-2300-417D-82F2-A312C674B96F.jpeg
    90FC01A9-2300-417D-82F2-A312C674B96F.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom