With veiled chameleons, can there be spurless males?

Benclark

I took my buddy Boaz to a reptile vet for a wellness check, and she was very confident he is a spurless male. Everything about him (or her) seems to be male, but it doesn't have spurs. He is about 5 months old.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 228
Here is his heels and head

Attachments

• IMG_9501.JPG
    IMG_9501.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_9502.JPG
    IMG_9502.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_9503.JPG
    IMG_9503.JPG
    494 KB · Views: 202
Are you sure you do not want a male, and maybe pushed the vet into telling you it was a male? Because I doubt heavily that is a male, and SHE will need a laybin, soon.

I have heard of females with spurs, and males with small spurs, never heard of a Spurless male. There is no bulge, those are female colors, in no world of any possibility is that a male imo.

This happens all too often, people want males, and someone has to get the females, the person who gets them usually wanted a male, didn't get it and wants to find ways to believe they have a male when they dont. Sorry to say, you dont.

Last edited:
She's a little girl. Make sure she gets calcium. I had a female Veiled become Gravid at 4 months old. She was calcium deficient and despite us giving her drops of liquid calcium - She died. Our hearts broke. Don't let that happen to you. And - YES - Get a New Vet. Make sure it's someone experienced in herpetology.

Back
Top Bottom