With this budget, what setup would you get

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, it is definitely an addiction. We have 14 currently, 1 veiled female annd 13 panthers. I have 5 more planned to arrive over the next couple of months :eek:.

Edit: now you know why I've been searching for more efficient lighting solutions (led );).

Right now the animals out number & out eat the humans (though my growing son is putting up a good fight!). Once I get done with school & hopefully get settled into a house and out of this apartment, then MAYBE... I've done breeding & handrearing of parrots, so I know the dedication it takes to have an operation like that. Never again!

Right now the animals out number & out eat the humans (though my growing son is putting up a good fight!). Once I get done with school & hopefully get settled into a house and out of this apartment, then MAYBE... I've done breeding & handrearing of parrots, so I know the dedication it takes to have an operation like that. Never again!

I can understand that aspect of things for sure. I have my daughter coming to help watch the babies during the day when they hatch. But, for me/ us, they are probably the most relaxing thing I've found to unwind after work with. At times I've actually unintentionally tuned Krissy, the tv and my phone out watching the chams do their thing :LOL:. Then Matt decided to take us under his wing and work with us on the breeding side of the hobby and we started growing our collection to the point we are now :). Though I feel we've benefitted the most out our friendship with Matt and Jessica, it has been nice to have him to bounce some of my hair brained ideas off of :ROFLMAO:.

Yeah, having the tortoise and crested geckos to hang out with during the day definitely helps my stress level while I'm working on grad school - it's way different than the cat & dog. I have very different relationships with the reptiles than the furry mammals

I can understand that aspect of things for sure. I have my daughter coming to help watch the babies during the day when they hatch. But, for me/ us, they are probably the most relaxing thing I've found to unwind after work with. At times I've actually unintentionally tuned Krissy, the tv and my phone out watching the chams do their thing :LOL:. Then Matt decided to take us under his wing and work with us on the breeding side of the hobby and we started growing our collection to the point we are now :). Though I feel we've benefitted the most out our friendship with Matt and Jessica, it has been nice to have him to bounce some of my hair brained ideas off of :ROFLMAO:.
I feel 100% sure that I am the one that benefits the most from our relationship! I sure hope that you realize and feel how much you are appreciated!

Yeah, having the tortoise and crested geckos to hang out with during the day definitely helps my stress level while I'm working on grad school - it's way different than the cat & dog. I have very different relationships with the reptiles than the furry mammals

Agreed there :LOL:. I love my little furry babies but they can wear on you at times :(.

I feel 100% sure that I am the one that benefits the most from our relationship! I sure hope that you realize and feel how much you are appreciated!

Definitely do and hope you do as well :)

The stand is set up!!!

Attachments

• IMG-20181016-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20181016-WA0002.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 114
The "temp" cage will be here tomorrow, along with the misting system. I think I'm going to do a dowel frame along with a magnet system to hang branches. The uvb fixture is here but the bulb is in transit. The pool led plant lights & reflectors plus heat light are here.

I need to finish feeder bins & get more RO water for the mister. Feeders are ordered but i haven't gotten a shipping notice.

I need to figure out how I want to do the plants in this cage & split some plants/repot some.

Lots to do & I'm swamped with a major school project (due thurs) and I'm out of town this weekend & next. Gotta get things ready for baby to come home!

I have a probable name for him too! Gotta see if it "fits" though.

I will post pics & ask for advice in this mad rush!

The "temp" cage will be here tomorrow, along with the misting system. I think I'm going to do a dowel frame along with a magnet system to hang branches. The uvb fixture is here but the bulb is in transit. The pool led plant lights & reflectors plus heat light are here.

I need to finish feeder bins & get more RO water for the mister. Feeders are ordered but i haven't gotten a shipping notice.

I need to figure out how I want to do the plants in this cage & split some plants/repot some.

Lots to do & I'm swamped with a major school project (due thurs) and I'm out of town this weekend & next. Gotta get things ready for baby to come home!

I have a probable name for him too! Gotta see if it "fits" though.

I will post pics & ask for advice in this mad rush!

Haha I can imagine. It'll all come together in time :D. Just me living vicariously through your set-up :ROFLMAO:.

SQUEEE!!! My temp cage is here. The rest of my plants are here. My big branches are here. My supplements and feeder supplies are here! My mistking is going to be here! Chamchristmas is real! Except I have a stupid project for grad school that is kicking my rear so I can't play & put things together yet!

SQUEEE!!! My temp cage is here. The rest of my plants are here. My big branches are here. My supplements and feeder supplies are here! My mistking is going to be here! Chamchristmas is real! Except I have a stupid project for grad school that is kicking my rear so I can't play & put things together yet!

Damn regular life always getting in the way of play time :ROFLMAO:.

Just for future references should anyone else consider going with the citizen cobs, series/ version 6 are the ones being referenced here. I played around with this simulator a little and it's actually a pretty cool thing to mess around with. You can set it for the color and cri cob you are looking at and either the forward current or lumens you want to achieve. Sadly they only did the charts for constant current drivers not constant voltage/ constant current. Since the cv drivers (like the drivers mentioned in the parts list here) are adjustable voltage and current it's not really a big deal to adjust to what the chart shows the manufacturer says you'd need to hit your target though on the different cobs. It is a locked sheet from the download and I've only been able to mess around with it on my laptop though :(.

http://ce.citizen.co.jp/lighting_led/en/products2/notice_Simulator_ver6_0150P.html

For my sanity, I stopped working on grad school stuff for a bit & started putting together the reptibreeze temp cage. Instructions could be a little more vague, right? I got it together, but wow! Next up - making the trellis framework inside, setting plants & more branches then figuring out the misting system! Not all going to happen tonight though...

Back
Top Bottom