With Every Death Comes New Life

Breezy9

Hi again.

A very tough decision had to be made with my lovely Zelda. She had been digging to lay eggs for over a month. She got so malnourished and calcium deficient that she just couldn't lay. I had brought her to the vet and as I had suspected, her eggs had burst inside of her. She had "staining" on her body from them. There wasn't any quality of life left so we sadly said goodbye to Zelda Cloverfield. That was about 2 1/2 weeks ago.

As it so happens I had 2 new veiled chams fall into my lap a week ago. Zelda sent them to me and I won't get into the whole story that I SWEAR was fate because it's too long but I just wanted to introduce you to my new boogers.

H1.jpg
Heidi Zee ~ Female ~ About 5 months old

W1.jpg
Waldo Gee ~ Male ~ About 3 months old

H&W1.jpg
Peace, Love & Chams!

W&H1.jpg
Basking together

Right now they are getting along extremely well in the same 18x18x32 viv, but I have another same size viv on hand for soon, I'm sure.

So far both have a WONDERFUL appetite, are very friendly (to each other and my husband, daughters and I), have great personalities and they have helped heal the part of our hearts that Zelda's tail used to be wrapped around.

Knowing that I have saved them from a college dorm room :)eek: OH YES) makes me feel that much better, too!

Again, I am so sorry about Zelda. Having to let one of these guys go is heartbreaking.

Congrats on your new babies. I'm glad you were able to give them a good home.

Grats on your new little lovelies! They are precious. I'm sorry for your loss of Zelda. They all hold special places in our hearts that can never be replaced. It is nice that you can focus your attention on your new babies though. Grats again. :)

Aw, sorry to hear about your Zelda. :( I'm however very glad to see you're undeterred and welcomed two new babies into your life :D They're so cute!
I wish you the best of luck, and wish your chams the best of health!

I'm glad Zelda didn't have to be in pain any longer than necessary - you're very brave to do what's right and let her go. I bet she's showing her thanks by bringing these babies to you. :)
I'm VERY curious to hear the rest of the fate story, if you're ever up for telling it.

Back
Top Bottom