Wireless temp/humidity gauge that connects to app?

I feel ya... I am getting to that point and I still hate technology that I don't understand. Can't believe I dropped the base unit to mine. More money down the drain. :banghead:
Thank you for the feedback.

Well that is what happened to my reptibrese fogger too :(

I got some sensor push sensors and the wifi hub. I have them for my greenhouse, chams (some/not all), and the mantella. I love them! I get a lot of reporting, alerting, etc, and can monitor while at work. This is especially important for me with the greenhouse and mantella. They're a little pricey, but have a great reputation and app. The wifi hub is only needed if you need to be able to get the readings when you're not home.

4B2BDCEB-3353-4E96-AB3C-DB717B70F245.png D37BD110-4F16-4575-9017-DDA39C74AA81.png

I got some sensor push sensors and the wifi hub. I have them for my greenhouse, chams (some/not all), and the mantella. I love them! I get a lot of reporting, alerting, etc, and can monitor while at work. This is especially important for me with the greenhouse and mantella. They're a little pricey, but have a great reputation and app. The wifi hub is only needed if you need to be able to get the readings when you're not home.
Thank you Natalie! Those look really cool. On a bit of a budget since covid is now impacting my income so I went with the govee ones. Hoping they work well for me and don't die. lol

Thank you Natalie! Those look really cool. On a bit of a budget since covid is now impacting my income so I went with the govee ones. Hoping they work well for me and don't die. lol

I probably would have too if I didn't need the wifi access.

So I bought the Govee ones... OMG they are amazing! I love that they have a hole in them for hanging. Made it very easy to use a zip tie to place them.

The app is really great. Being able to see exactly where temps and humidity is at any time of day is a big bonus. Seeing when my temps actually drop at night and when humidity drops in the morning. So I give these 5 stars until they die on me :hilarious:

So I bought the Govee ones... OMG they are amazing! I love that they have a hole in them for hanging. Made it very easy to use a zip tie to place them.

The app is really great. Being able to see exactly where temps and humidity is at any time of day is a big bonus. Seeing when my temps actually drop at night and when humidity drops in the morning. So I give these 5 stars until they die on me :hilarious:

Mine are hanging in there. Some have been so wet they read 90+ humidity for a few days till they dried out. But they still work?

Mine are hanging in there. Some have been so wet they read 90+ humidity for a few days till they dried out. But they still work?
I placed them where I had my last ones so no direct contact with the mister. I really like them though... up there on my must have items lol

Was looking Govee h5074 think this right model seems like can only find them in us not uk. Now where's the best place to put it

Was looking Govee h5074 think this right model seems like can only find them in us not uk. Now where's the best place to put it
Those are the ones that I got. I have them hooked at the side at the basking branch level. This way they have no direct way of being sprayed in my enclosures.

I have a few, one thing I like to do is keep one with a wire or plastic hook so I can move it around. Sometimes I may want to check the temp in another part of the cage.
I like too have at least 2 for this, as I want to leave one where it can track temp over time.
I put one in basking and one where he sleeps.

Once you know the variance, say 80 basking, 76 ambient. It stays pretty consistent, so if you have one, you can deduce the other.

Yeah sure thats what I currently do with the komodo dual gauges but obviously it can't tell me stuff for times so that's why I want govee

No my basking temps are controlled by a Herpstat so I am using these for ambient temp/humidity on the top basking level.
See i was considering getting exo terra thermostat but just wondered if I really needed it. I have 2 lucky reptile but their only for ceramic and stuff. And when sometime I get a baby would need a multi channel for two enclosure?or just 2 different watt or height lights

On the heat issue, for what my two cents are worth.
I am no longer very concerned with heat. By that I mean I stay so close to the cool end heat is not an issue. Even my basking temps barley reach 80 for the warmest part of the day.
Ambients are mid to low 70s.

With this cooler temp I have actually noticed more activity. Relatively to Chams I am a newbie, but Following some of the other more experienced advice I have lowered my temps with good results.

See i was considering getting exo terra thermostat but just wondered if I really needed it. I have 2 lucky reptile but their only for ceramic and stuff. And when sometime I get a baby would need a multi channel for two enclosure?or just 2 different watt or height lights
I use them solely because I do not have central heat or air conditioning. My temps in my house swing quite a bit. Summers it gets warm and winters it gets quite cool. I prefer total control to know that no matter what my ambient temp is doing my basking dims off and on when it needs to. This allows me the piece of mind to know that the basking spot is exactly where I want it. It is set for 82. However with all 3 of my boys they hardly ever go under the basking fixture. All three prefer to be under the 3 T5 lights I have with their UVB. Temps there are about 78-79. I do not believe in providing hot temps but they have a warmer area if they want to utilize it.

Back
Top Bottom