Wireless temp/humidity gauge that connects to app?

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
What Wireless temp/humidity gauges that connects to an app are yall using? My wireless base just died and rather then buy another I am thinking about switching out to the kind that connects to an app. But which ones are best? Not wanting them to light up or anything and preferably with a free app to track.

Thank you!

Govee master race reporting in. Each bluetooth hydro/temp is about 8 bucks.

Screenshot_20201105-113406.jpg

Govee master race reporting in. Each bluetooth hydro/temp is about 8 bucks.

View attachment 281808
Ok with these can you look at the day as well? Like where it was at midnight or where it is at that moment? And does the unit that goes into the enclosure have any sort of light come from it? Do you charge the base like with a usb cord? I am guessing you can set it up and then have multiples so that you can name them 1 to each enclosure?
Sorry for all the questions but I want to get this purchase right. Iol

Ok with these can you look at the day as well? Like where it was at midnight or where it is at that moment? And does the unit that goes into the enclosure have any sort of light come from it? Do you charge the base like with a usb cord? I am guessing you can set it up and then have multiples so that you can name them 1 to each enclosure?
yes you can, it stores up to months and you get to decide how to look at the data, by hour day etc.
you can also make it so it warns you if humidity and temps went up or down significantly.

Uhhh.

It takes a reading every 5 seconds.
It uploads it to the cloud
cloud holds 2 years of data.
You can zoom in to the point where you are just looking at the measurements for just that hour.

No govee's light up, but you can get them displayless. They run off of AAA's or button cells. Need changed once a year.

41l3PAAmpgL._AC_.jpg

51ITfcLUjxL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Uhhh.

It takes a reading every 5 seconds.
It uploads it to the cloud
cloud holds 2 years of data.
You can zoom in to the point where you are just looking at the measurements for just that hour.

No govee's light up, but you can get them displayless. They run off of AAA's or button cells. Need changed once a year.

View attachment 281812
View attachment 281813
Are these what your talking about https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Thermo...04597415&rnid=2941120011&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-3

You know I bought one and it won’t connect anymore. Not sure how to fix it since in tech stupid
Did you get this one? https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Thermo...04597415&rnid=2941120011&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-3

I dropped my dang base unit for my sensors and now it won't connect but I thought it might be nicer to have it on my phone instead. You have the smart plugs too right? are these the same brand. Like so you can control it all from one app? I am so not good with this stuff. lol

Question about these Govee units, where is the best place to put them? As in not having interference with enclosure "furniture".

Question about these Govee units, where is the best place to put them? As in not having interference with enclosure "furniture".

Anywhere that doesnt get wet or direct light basking light. Most put them mid cage in the back of the cage.

I really like the Govees I have 8. They all work good and have had no issues. plus I have been seeing the little square ones for $15

I really like the Govees I have 8. They all work good and have had no issues. plus I have been seeing the little square ones for $15
Ok awesome. So reading it they only work if your within the 330 feet range from them... So if I go out of town I am screwed then? Or is there a base unit so that whomever is taking care of the boys can see the levels?

Ok awesome. So reading it they only work if your within the 330 feet range from them... So if I go out of town I am screwed then? Or is there a base unit so that whomever is taking care of the boys can see the levels?

That is a flaw. You have to be in range. You can have it send alerts but that is it. I also wish you could set the notifications per time of day. Like high humidity ant night, but not in the day.

So yes there are limitations and you may be use to a bit more capability than they have.

nah you just need a stay at home tablet to collect readings for you. Plus they store 30 days of readings anyway. Then you can check non real time at the beach, might be a few minutes/hour lag.

Did you get this one? https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Thermo...04597415&rnid=2941120011&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-3

I dropped my dang base unit for my sensors and now it won't connect but I thought it might be nicer to have it on my phone instead. You have the smart plugs too right? are these the same brand. Like so you can control it all from one app? I am so not good with this stuff. lol
Yes I have that one and one day it stopped connecting to the app and I don’t know how to troubleshoot stuff without wanting the throw everything against the wall.

Yes I have that one and one day it stopped connecting to the app and I don’t know how to troubleshoot stuff without wanting the throw everything against the wall.
I feel ya... I am getting to that point and I still hate technology that I don't understand. Can't believe I dropped the base unit to mine. More money down the drain. :banghead:
Thank you for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom