Will this soil work?

I would go with a soil that has not been enriched at all. I am not sure if this is safe or not, it likely could be, but the specs say it is enriched with natural fertilizers. Since it does not list what those fertilizers are (or at least not listed on the web) I would go with something else, with nothing added.

I actually just bought some of this last night, I was upset when I got him to discover that it did have small amounts of perlite, I ended up having to cover the soil with fiberglass screen and then some river rocks I bought from Walmart. I would recommend you pay a few dollars more for the miracle grow organic potting soil, it does not have perlite. I have used it before. All the other so called "organic" potting soils I saw at Home Depot had perlite in them. Another quick tip, cut a little circle of aluminum screen to fit the bottom of the pot, this will keep the large amounts of water that will flow though the pot in a Cham cage, from washing any dirt out through the drainage holes.

I actually just bought some of this last night, I was upset when I got him to discover that it did have small amounts of perlite, I ended up having to cover the soil with fiberglass screen and then some river rocks I bought from Walmart. I would recommend you pay a few dollars more for the miracle grow organic potting soil, it does not have perlite. I have used it before. All the other so called "organic" potting soils I saw at Home Depot had perlite in them. Another quick tip, cut a little circle of aluminum screen to fit the bottom of the pot, this will keep the large amounts of water that will flow though the pot in a Cham cage, from washing any dirt out through the drainage holes.

Is it ok to use soil that has a little bit of perlite in it as long as its covered and the cham has no way of getting to it?

Is it ok to use soil that has a little bit of perlite in it as long as its covered and the cham has no way of getting to it?

I'm wondering this too. I'm kinda at my limit as far as purchasing things goes and my parents are a bit fed up.

Back
Top Bottom