Will have Panther eggs soon, need to prepare....

BMXICAN

So my new, ex-virgin little blue bar amilobe mated with Nemo so I want to get prepared for her laying eggs and then caring for them.

From what I have read, a mixture of sand and dirt, moist enough to hold it's form in a 6 inch deep tupperware. Would that be correct?

Also, my biggest "fear", incubating eggs. Should I just get an incubator? I want the best results possible with the least maintnance (pretty busy, schol, work, etc). I thought maybe an incubator or this:

ledminifridge.jpg

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/6ad2/

Any suggestions would be much much appreciated. Thanks! :D

I used my cubbard and closet and had 30+ new ambilobes in about 6 months and 20 days give or take. I'm in LA though, don't know if closets work in Vista.

the sand and dirt is what you put in a laying bin for her to dig a hold and lay the egss, then you take those eggs out and place them in the vemiculite.

the sand and dirt is what you put in a laying bin for her to dig a hold and lay the egss, then you take those eggs out and place them in the vemiculite.

Is beach sand and potting soil OK for her to "bury" her eggs? Thanks! :)

I use super soil, you can get it at most home improvement stores and walmart. They get very dirty when they dig. Super soil is organic and is sterilized from the manufacturer. You don’t want to use just any dirt as it could case problems for the female as well as the eggs if there is contaminants or chemicals in it.

BTW, caring for the babies takes quite a bite of time and effort. I'm doing it now.

I use super soil, you can get it at most home improvement stores and walmart. They get very dirty when they dig. Super soil is organic and is sterilized from the manufacturer. You don’t want to use just any dirt as it could case problems for the female as well as the eggs if there is contaminants or chemicals in it.

BTW, caring for the babies takes quite a bite of time and effort. I'm doing it now.

I've realized that. I need major improvement in that area. I lost a lot of my jackson babies, hoping not to make the same mistake with the panther's.

Back
Top Bottom