Wild panther chameleons in florida?

In a mesh screen cage like a reptibreeze and of course I can just buy one. I just want to find some in the wild. If I am not able to keep it, then I’ll just take some pics of them

I do know how to take care of chameleons. I have had a few in the past, but I couldn’t keep them because I moved into a house that doesn’t allow pets but then I moved out. So now I can have pets again

I do know how to take care of chameleons. I have had a few in the past, but I couldn’t keep them because I moved into a house that doesn’t allow pets but then I moved out. So now I can have pets again

Don't you already have a baby panther right now?

If you really want to see some wild chams.
4AE76A16-ABAA-41BB-8F1C-CD976C22159D.jpeg
50CAD3BA-A446-4812-BFEF-B222D80FA0EB.jpeg

Seems a little irresponsible to me. Wild caught animals can sometimes have issues.. and you've got to put lots of time and effort into a setup. You cant just go pluck one from the wild, without having anything to do with it afterwards. Plus, you would have to give said 'friend' about a 2-3 week heads up if you plan on giving it to him, so they can properly setup a cage and have it running for a little while.

Hmm. That’s true. I can get parasites checked at a vet, but having my friends have a set up may be an issue. I could make a plan like a month in advance and notify them if they want a cham.

How about maybe dont catch one in the wild? And dont spring a cham on your friend?

I just don't understand..why get an animal that possibly has parasites, or even a sick animal from the wild and hand it off to a friend, when you can buy from a reputable breeder and get a healthy one?

But if you are just going to just see chameleons in the wild, and then catch one, just to hand it off, what's even the point? It seems like a very unnecessary risk (in my opinion) with all the shady stuff going on with the chams down in Florida, you know?

That is true, though I wouldn’t go just to catch one and give it off, if I find one, I’ll keep one but if I find more than one then I’ll give away the others. It is risky, especially with all the shady stuff going on, but I am pretty enthusiastic about finding some from the wild. I am pretty interested in this topic

No I meant I could get the cham check for parasites before I hand it off

Like Ares said its shady, you could get injured before you hand it off too.

They are already breaking serious laws, by "ranching" like this. Seems to reason they would not be shy to break laws protecting their illegal livelihood.

If you are to go out there, I would defiantly do so in a group, safety in numbers and all that.

Veiled Chameleons are not very hidden.

Dont understand what part of this makes you think they the are just out in the open?

These guys are just taking the illegal farms chams, they are not giving out locations, they are selling tours to get some, and selling the chams they take.

Last edited:
Honestly, do what you want, just seems pretty dumb to me. Not like anyone here can stop you.

Not anyones fault but yours if it doesn't go so well.

That’s a good point. I have some friends who go herping with me sometimes and I’m sure they’d love to go. If not, I guess I’ll postpone until some people will

I know it sounds pretty stupid to do this, but if it’s on private property, I’ll do my best to stay safe, but if it’s on like a road or something, I’ll probably
Choose that instead. Some place they spread to on public land

Back
Top Bottom