wild eye gutload

Lunatic913

im sadden to hear that they are no long selling their gutload!...does anyone know what happened?...i knew i should of bought some back in october:(

im sadden to hear that they are no long selling their gutload!...does anyone know what happened?...i knew i should of bought some back in october:(

I don't know anything about why they stopped selling it, but I tend to think that making a good commercial gutload and keeping prices down is a very tricky thing to do. You can do it 2 ways:

A. You can either make a great (and expensive) gutload, price it according to what it costs you to make (expensive) and nobody wants to buy it because Joe-Schmo's cricket ranch has it cheaper.

B. Whip up some cheapo gutload (like Joe-Schmo's) and sell it like crazy, at least until people realize that it's not a good gutload and begin to badmouth you.

Then these people come back to you saying they had a bad experience with Joe-Schmo and want to use your gutload, but now you need to match Joe's price.

I wouldn't want to be in either position, so I'm not sure, but I would think that has something to do with it. It's alot of work to grind it down, mix it properly, alot of tracking down materials, then customers want nutritional info and have 7 other requests ("can you make it arrive at my office at 2:45 PM next Thursday???") just to make a small margin of profit. Then people get mad if there's any hint of a problem, whether it's beyond the shipper's control or not. Personally, I'd rather clean chameleon cages LOL.

hey hows it goin tyler...i met u at an expo last year. i ordered a cage from you last year also..and all i can say is AWESOME. i love your cages. no problems at all. im gonna need to buy a little taller one so i can fit a hibiscus plant. so you will be hearing from me soon.

Mike-Be nice to Tyler! It is his Birthday! Happy Birthday Tyler! :)

Thanks! I'm getting too old not to be married.

Mike, I wasn't really ranting, just speaking from my attempt(s) to make my own gutload. It was a pain in the butt, a mess, a material chase, and it was expensive. I feel sorry for anyone trying to compete in that market, and I wasn't even selling it. I find it much easier to buy it from a trusted source and have it ready to go 10 pounds at a time.

I got a message from the 4 year old that Superman had called. You're confusing the poor kid.

hey hows it goin tyler...i met u at an expo last year. i ordered a cage from you last year also..and all i can say is AWESOME. i love your cages. no problems at all. im gonna need to buy a little taller one so i can fit a hibiscus plant. so you will be hearing from me soon.

Thanks, glad you liked the cage. I'll have some more at the San Diego Expo in a month if you're there. Shoot me an e-mail when you get a chance and I'll make sure to have the size you need there. Which expo did you see me at?

Last edited:
i saw u at the anaheim convention center in the summer..i wont be able to make it to the san deigo but i will definately let u know when im ready for the cage. thnks

Back
Top Bottom