Why wont she love me

Kathidavis72

I bought a Veiled Chameleon at a pet store, have always wanted one. She was only "3 months old" when I got her and that was 4 months ago. She has NEVER let me touch her. She is content with me talking to her. The only time I have actually held her was when we moved her in and 3 weeks ago she escaped the cage and we had to catch her. She jumps, hisses, and turns an ugly shade of blackish green. So I know it stresses her for me to even try. I know she wont hurt me if she does actually "bite" me and I try not to jump or react when she does it. I do not want to stress her out so I have pretty much come to the conclusion we have a love-hate relationship and I am content to just talking to her or petting her nail when she is on the side of the cage (which she is fine with LOL). But I really want to hold her and get her out of the cage once in a while. What can I do or is she just not a "friendly" girl?

You should keep your posts to one and not have multiple posts on the same subject to eliminate confusion.

Back
Top Bottom