why is my veiled cham still dingy green

ashley9333

my female laid 70 eggs last friday. she still is a dingy green not the bright colors. she used to have blue yellow black. now she just green a dark green whats up with this any ideas

Attachments

• pastel5.jpg
    pastel5.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 115
my female laid 70 eggs last friday. she still is a dingy green not the bright colors. she used to have blue yellow black. now she just green a dark green whats up with this any ideas

just she just laid 70 freakin eggs!!! Thats a ton! How much are you feeding her and whats her basking temp?

it sounds to me like you are describing her gravid colors, mostly black with blue and yellow spots. now she is no longer gravid so she has her normal colors. personally i like the green color the female veileds have.

no it was fake lol um ok ill post that how to ask thing. ya she laid 70 eggs friday but ive done been told of how to lower the temp and her food

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? veiled chameleon, female, about a 1yr an a half, i have her about 10months

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Not very often she hisses and blows up turns black, i get scared.

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I fed crickets every other day also keep a steady supply of collards and kale in her cage. crickets eat fruit greens and fish flakes and flunkers feed

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? dusting them with rep-cal phosphorus-free calcium w/vit.D3 ultrafine powder and rep-cal herptivite w/beta carotene multivitamins 1x a mo then the calcium d3 2x mo

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I have a fountain, a dripper and i mist 2-3 times a day

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? usually brown very little white w/gushy clear stuff

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Idk it was my sisters

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? I have her in a 6ft tall by 5ft wide mesh wire cage. i have fake flowers, branches and foliage

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?i have a uvb light small tropical one. I have a heat lamp. both on for 12 hours w/ sun light coming in the window

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I dont know the temps about 80 at top and bottom 78-79

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? I dont know anything about this

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? No

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Next to a window that has very clear plastic to keep the draft out for the winter. No fans next to a base bored heater um yes shes in the corner of the living room. 6ft from floor
Location - Where are you geographically located? im in covington, ky in the u. s

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. dingy green

it sounds to me like you are describing her gravid colors, mostly black with blue and yellow spots. now she is no longer gravid so she has her normal colors. personally i like the green color the female veileds have.

I agree completely. She also needs extra food, and calcium for a few days. She needs to bounce back. Egg laying is hard on a female.

o i thought dingy color was her gravid colors. wow now im like so freaking confused :confused: dang. o i for got to say reg calcium every other day

Back
Top Bottom