Why is my chams head/casque colorless?

Sugybooks

my Juvenile veiled chams casque/head has been colorless the last 2-3 weeks. I was thinking he was needing to shed but he hasn't? Anyone have any idea? You can't see it as much with these pictures but you can see the difference but I'll get more when I'm home if need be. At night though with his pajamas he's bright green casque and all full color?

He has a drip system, he's misted frequently atleast 4-5 times a day,
I feed him gutloaded crickets (usually bug burger and some veggies) that I order from Ghans/premium crickets and I dust them with repti-calcium without D3 daily and with D3 1-2x a month.
He has a UVB Light and a basking light basking temps are usually 85-90*.
Just wondering if this is normal or cause for concern
IMG_1646.PNG
IMG_1647.PNG

Don't worry, these guys can change color on a dime! Is there any other sign of a problem? I don't see any issues.

Don't worry, these guys can change color on a dime! Is there any other sign of a problem? I don't see any issues.
Just the pale casque these past couple weeks is all.
Other then that he's very active and alert, never shows any signs of sickness such as sleeping during the day or being weak, just a happy little guy

I am not very familiar with veileds and it might just be me, but his eye, casque, tail and spine seem sunken/skinny. How often and how much do you mist him/give him water? What are the day, night and spot tempuretures? Or maybe he doesn't eat enough to be meaty?

As I said, I might be wrong about looking skinny and sunken eyes. I am more used to the looks of panthers and jackson's.

I am not very familiar with veileds and it might just be me, but his eye, casque, tail and spine seem sunken/skinny. How often and how much do you mist him/give him water? What are the day, night and spot tempuretures? Or maybe he doesn't eat enough to be meaty?

As I said, I might be wrong about looking skinny and sunken eyes. I am more used to the looks of panthers and jackson's.
He's only 5-7 months old he's not skinny nor are his eyes sunken and he probably looks small compared to my hand because I have big hands ha

Back
Top Bottom