why dont he like big crickets??

Thezillaman21

Avid Member
a few weeks ago i got my west usambara two-horned chameleon. he hunts well and he seems to love anything i offer except large crickets. he doesnt seem intrested i thought maybe he dont like crickets cuz he is bored with them. but he ate 3/4" crickets he also loves flies and mealworms. but what makes me wonder is he eats grasshopers that are bigger than the crickets. could he just simply be picky? the same way some people only eat small rip vegetables? the crickets he gets are full grown tophat crickets that are around 1" long not counting the egg tubes on females. it dont bother me getting smaller just wondering if this is common or what?

thanks guys

he could just be picky especially if hes got the diversity in feeders your providing, they might be bland in comparison. or i could come down to your gutload. that is if you gutload.

they also get kind of prickly once they mature. it could be a texture issue, ive heard of people removing parts of their feeders to avoid injury or discomfort, though that sounds a bit excessive to me.

Back
Top Bottom