Why are chams with NIPPED tails less VALUABLE?

People love those perfect curly tails :)

Personally I am a fan of the outcasts!

Last edited:
Just like anything else, something that is damaged gets discounted a little. The answer isn't really any deeper than that!

I'm not in the market for another cham... but I don't know if I could resist a stumpy! I do love the curly tail, but I also have a soft spot for rejects :)

How do most lose their tips?

They are nipped by their brothers or sisters while being house together as neonates.

My sweet little baby Jackson Sammy was bullied by his sister and his tail is misshapen as a result. I find it adorable.. (thanks Cheryl, aka LittleLeaf!!)

NX1000

i always thought it was from feeding them worms when really young and they think the tails are food by mistake. i could be wrong and it probably is bullys

Babies will bite each other for any number of reasons.

For example, babies tend to want to go over each other to get somewhere, and the baby underneath will sometimes bite the one climbing all over it. Or yes, one just has a bad attitude towards his siblings. Or they really do confuse each other's tails as food sometimes. They're babies, so they're not all that smart!

Babies will bite each other for any number of reasons.

For example, babies tend to want to go over each other to get somewhere, and the baby underneath will sometimes bite the one climbing all over it. Or yes, one just has a bad attitude towards his siblings. Or they really do confuse each other's tails as food sometimes. They're babies, so they're not all that smart!

Awww!

I went to a reptile show months ago in Pomona (going again in 2 days) and the baby veiled chameleons were always climbing over each other. I saw a bottom veiled hiss at the top one and try and scratch him off with his back foot!

That kind of thing is cute

I think a lot of times tail nips happen at feeding time. They probably are going for a bug crawling on a cage mate's tail and get both the bug and the tail. And once they get ahold of it they don't let go. My first female that got me into this madness was a tail nip. My avatar is a tail nip they don't look perfect so they cost less.

Back
Top Bottom