Who lets their chamelons out to breed in florida???

Attachments

• 20220325_153708.jpg
    20220325_153708.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 43
There was also a reptile import facility that was abandoned in homestead Florida. I think some point in the '90s and released all of their imports before leaving
Not to mention when hurricane Andrew that came across homestead and flattened everything in sight. They always blame irresponsible owners but with Florida hurricane season even if not a cat 5 can still take out reptile stores, pet owners' houses, and so forth. I Was lucky to find all my pets from when a cat 3 came by and uprooted all the oak trees taking out the back half of the house but what of others that weren't so lucky. Most of my reptiles would thrive where I live in Florida.

Agreed! I can't believe that such a robust and once readily available species is not established in captivity!
Underground reptiles has the oustalets. I would make a vet appointment before ordering. Mine showed up underweight(worms) and with mouth rot took about a month to get him straight. They are field collected. I've been trying to find females but I'm having no luck. I live in Florida I would take in any unwanted reptiles especially chameleons and snappers they have my heart. Posted a picture from when I first got him until now had him almost a month. He was worth buying even tho he was sick, he's so sweet. I want to breed him so bad.

Attachments

• 20220310_130518.jpg
    20220310_130518.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 20220325_153708.jpg
    20220325_153708.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 43
Underground reptiles has the oustalets. I would make a vet appointment before ordering. Mine showed up underweight(worms) and with mouth rot took about a month to get him straight. They are field collected. I've been trying to find females but I'm having no luck. I live in Florida I would take in any unwanted reptiles especially chameleons and snappers they have my heart. Posted a picture from when I first got him until now had him almost a month. He was worth buying even tho he was sick, he's so sweet. I want to breed him so bad.
Love those guys. Wonder if the field they were collected in was Madagascar or Florida? Haha. If you end up breeding I'll be first in line.

So I wasn't able to read all of this topic... but can I ask what makes an animal invasive? Like why is it bad to have extra iguanas, chams, snakes etc?

So I wasn't able to read all of this topic... but can I ask what makes an animal invasive? Like why is it bad to have extra iguanas, chams, snakes etc?

What Defines an Invasive Species?​

As per Executive Order 13112 (Section 1. Definitions) an "invasive species" is a species that is:

1) non-native (or alien) to the ecosystem under consideration and,

2) whose introduction causes or is likely to cause economic or environmental harm or harm to human health.

https://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/what-are-invasive-species

Love those guys. Wonder if the field they were collected in was Madagascar or Florida? Haha. If you end up breeding I'll be first in line.
Probably in Florida. The place they are found mostly is really close to where their warehouse is. Cheaper than flying in from over seas

Back
Top Bottom