who has a ficus benjamina & how long for?

sulley

many people who have these have said they have lasted only 6 months.
how long have you had yours?

I still don't have a cham, but I bought one in preparation in september, and its been indoors ever since and is doing great and has all of its nice green leaves still

Mine was pretty frail when I bought it and it has grown a little bit, it's looking a lot better, and it does wonderfully with the heat lamp and uvb.

It has lasted maybe 4 months (is that how long I've had Mo? I dunno).

It depends on how you keep it. They can grow to be giant trees or die within a few weeks. You really have to make sure you dont over water it and that it has a well draining soil. Too much water will kill them very quickly.

I've had mine for over 2 years, I think. I've only kept it outside on my lanai, and the one time I brought it inside it dropped all of it's leaves, so it stays outside constantly. I've re-potted it into a larger pot and it seems to continue to grow.

I've had two live inside with misting and dripping with no issues. I use 1 inch of rock sealed from the dirt by screen at the bottom of the pot. The rock draws the moisture from the dirt above.

I have ficus in 2 of my adult panther cages one of which has been in there since 2010. The other has been in the cage for 1 1/2 years and is doing great.

Back
Top Bottom