Who am I ?

Oh nice! Never heard about these guys until you said it. Very cool looking species. I knew they had to be Trioceros. Very typical Trioceros look--especially with the dorsal spines. The chameleon queen comes in clutch again!
Too bad I can't identify all species as easily! It's not an area I'm great at....sadly.

You did notice that the one in the photos here that is thought to be male is trioceros but has not got three horns I suppose!?!

Last edited:
I went through my Through my Glaw and Vences Third Edition and Collin Tilbury, Chameleons of Africa Atlas and compared Calumma hilleniusi with Trioceros incornutus. The photo's resemble most closely a male Trioceros incornutus. Calumma hilleniusi has a gullar crest that these chameleons do not. Those lobes though look Calumma!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Thank you Jeremy
yes, most identification is in Latin. if we know latin we know the description.
That and usually a German last name attached whom first found and identified.
so Any chameleon species or animal named incornutus is hornless, no horns
Petr Necus has a chameleon named after him. whats the name of the chameleon ?
Thanks for helping Jeremy, its good to teach beginners new and heopefully a little fun stuff.'
Nowadays anything nice seems to be good for all.
Chameleons are like tropical fish in the Dentist office.
Very colorful, they move slow , they dont yell or honk at you, = Paradise = therapy = :)

perfect..
Thank you.
So living closer to Africa, Kinda makes you realize people go around searching and collecting the first identified species, and sometimes get your name on it forever. (very jelous) someday...in my Dreams :)

perfect..
Thank you.
So living closer to Africa, Kinda makes you realize people go around searching and collecting the first identified species, and sometimes get your name on it forever. (very jelous) someday...in my Dreams :)

How I wish I could have done that in my youth...but by the time I got "into" chameleons it was too late IMHO.

This thread got me to dig up an old Retptile/Amphibian encyclopedia that I've had since 1993-ish. Publication date is 1988 and soooo much more has been discovered and re-catorigized since then! Back then, all chameleons fell under the Chameleo genus.

1641489898171.png
1641489915795.png

Back
Top Bottom