Who am I ?

Thank you Jeremy
This is hopefully a little fun for all.... Like Fun facts
This little Gem species is not easy tp Identify from recent times.
And if it is indeed a male that makes is usually much easier to indentify, as most chameleons
are Sexually Dimorphic.... Males usually most colorful ,and seems the most attention given to ?
Seems we are getting stumped ?
Guess away
South Africa.. ?

Thank you Jeremy
This is hopefully a little fun for all.... Like Fun facts
This little Gem species is not easy tp Identify from recent times.
And if it is indeed a male that makes is usually much easier to indentify, as most chameleons
are Sexually Dimorphic.... Males usually most colorful ,and seems the most attention given to ?
Seems we are getting stumped ?
Guess away
South Africa.. ?
That is great Bruce! Thanks anyways.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Hi Jeremy
these specimen pictures are from my archive collection.
Hoping to let beginners, and veterans have some fun identifying, and pretty sure you are one of the best at this.
I obtained this little one many years ago, and at the time there was very known literature on most chameleons.
During the old days African chameleons were imported long before most chams ever came from Madagascar.

So now i must confess i am not sure who he is.
I will be spending time soon going thru the New books to find this little ones indentity.
Maybe we will get some others trying to figure this one out.
AS soon as you said C.Hilleniusi , I looked it up, and very close.... closest yet.
If you cant figure it , its getting harder. :)
At the same time if we look at Madcham.de (fabulous site)compared to Petr Necas Hilleniusi photos
(hidden jewels) quite different looking.
Hmmmm ???
Since this one is from my dinosaur photo collection, he,she is most likely from Africa.
Are we going to have to ask Petr Already ?
Beginners feel to ask questions, This is how we learn.
We have a lot of chameleons to protect in the forrests ASAP

Sorry Kinyonga (Linda ?)
Have been waiting for you. :)
What took you so long .. Just kidding
Yes ..
Trioceros.Incornutas.. 90% sure ? :)

anybody know its range in Africa, Malawi ? very rare..

Soon
Just for fun and education.
we will post another one of our collection pictures similar form (morphology) (remember there are beginners)
The next picture Makes you think its the same species, but tricky and interesting...........

I had to check the crest out on the back. They are very close to werners and one other species. Two of the species have horns though and the male incornutus don't. At least I think I have it right!

A long time ago, I got a group of what we're supposed to be werners chameleons in, but as I observed them, I realized that their occipital lobes were slightly different and the crests on the backs slightly different...so I looked online to see if I could figure out why. Can't remember the name of the third species right now either. (Old age sucks!)
If I remember correctly 2 of the species are egglayers and one is live bearing...but it's been so long, I'm not positive. Maybe you know?

A vet friend of mine took photos of them all and later posted them on ADCHAM. I warned him to be careful because they weren't all the same species...but somehow he "forgot"...and the photos got mixed up... and I think it was Petr that saw it and told them (ADCHAM) that they were misidentified. I was still in the process of trying to get someone to listen to me and correct the labelling on them but as I tried to explain it, it was pointed out.

I was glad to have them and found all of them not really hard to keep...but never had offspring from them sadly.

Last edited:
Ooops
I want to clarify
The comparing photos from the 2 different sources Madcham.de and Petr Necas (C. Hilleniusi) Look a lot different from each other , but supposedly same species...
Wonder which are accurate. Necas material is older. ?
For all that havent seen the updated site Madcham.de... it is fabulous, and probably the most up to date in the World currently.. Madagascar..
Sorry to all for my poor writing.

I think incornutus inhabits bushes in montane rainforests of the Ukinge and Poroto and other mountain ranges of Tanzania.

Hi Linda
Fantastic, you brought up the story behind these gems.
thank you for firing up the old brain cells here.
Another interesting picture coming soon...
with Petr in mind , wonder why the the pictures of Hillenuisi look so different, from Madcham.de
Surely , i will need some veteren keepers out there to help pass on some good old chameleon info.
yes, there will be more pictures coming..

Hi Linda
Fantastic, you brought up the story behind these gems.
thank you for firing up the old brain cells here.
Another interesting picture coming soon...
with Petr in mind , wonder why the the pictures of Hillenuisi look so different, from Madcham.de
Surely , i will need some veteren keepers out there to help pass on some good old chameleon info.
yes, there will be more pictures coming..
Do you know anything about the third species that's so similar that
I'm talking about?

Do you know if I'm right about one of the three being live bearing?

If I could find my photos quickly, I'd post some to show the differences...but they're packed away at the moment where I can't get to them.

Yes mam, you are right again.
during those times , we recieved the Poroto 3 horned chameleons aka ?
wont be able to survive here without your help.. Haha and thanks
If I didn't know how to laugh at myself i wouldnt been have lasted for almost 50 years.

you said..."Yes mam, you are right again."...lad the old brain works sometimes!
You said..."during those times , we recieved the Poroto 3 horned chameleons aka ?"...don't know ..here in Canada...they seemed to be called Werners.

You said..."wont be able to survive here without your help.. Haha and thanks"...without my help??? Haha! Not sure what to think about that?

You said..."If I didn't know how to laugh at myself i wouldnt been have lasted for almost 50 years"...I'm a lot older than 50! The older I get the harder I have to laugh! I don't know what ever possessed me to keep on with chameleons and other reptiles for as long as I did the way things started off here in Canada. I think the laughing helped....and a few vets who took an interest in a lot of things along the way.

Last edited:
Yes, i meant 50 Years of working with chameleons..
Would be great if any old veterans, travellers, etc keep posting pictures of different chameleon species
and have fun.

T. Incornutus?
Oh nice! Never heard about these guys until you said it. Very cool looking species. I knew they had to be Trioceros. Very typical Trioceros look--especially with the dorsal spines. The chameleon queen comes in clutch again!

Back
Top Bottom