White Plains Reptile Expo - Sunday, February 12

Lathis

Chameleon Enthusiast
My first expo in the new city! And I just did a search to make sure I could get there on Metro North and not get stranded, lol.

Anyone else planning on going? If so, we should plan a time and place for a meet-and-greet! I'm hoping to pick up some feeder insects and have a good time in general.

Bucky should be in NYC by then, but unfortunately, he has declined to attend the expo in person. He sends his regards :D

My first expo in the new city! And I just did a search to make sure I could get there on Metro North and not get stranded, lol.

Anyone else planning on going? If so, we should plan a time and place for a meet-and-greet! I'm hoping to pick up some feeder insects and have a good time in general.

Bucky should be in NYC by then, but unfortunately, he has declined to attend the expo in person. He sends his regards :D
I got one in Manchester this weekend can't wait

Pahk the cah in Havahd yahd! Oh wait, wrong accent :p

I actually can do the "Italian Long Island" accent unsettlingly well :D It's finally going to come in handy.

IMG_0814.JPG
The food court 1:00pm.. ooh..@Lathis here something I just acquired ..:D see everyone there..

Chameleon Forum NYC Reunion 2017 in the food court at 1:00pm! I'll have to bring/wear something identifiable :D
See you (all) there!

@savage13

:oops: I wish I could go to this expo! I'm from PA, but NYC is still about an 8-10 hour drive for me. And of all days, it's being held on my anniversary! Hmm. :cautious: Anniversary road trip?o_O I wonder if he would go for it.....:love:

Hey! Anyone at White Plains Expo today?

I'm short, blond, in a gray jacket and ponytail, carrying a beige canvas bag with the word "chameleon" on it!

I'll be wandering about - tons of animals here! Impulse purchases will be hard to avoid... :D

I almost brought one of these little cuties home with me... Luckily my empty cages are 1200 miles away :)

IMG_20170212_125814.jpg

There was also a crocodile skink at one booth and several with abronias. Lots of temptation! :D

IMG_20170212_135315.jpg

IMG_20170212_135617.jpg

I was very disappointed with the vendor selling those adults Oustalets and veils in a tiny small tank which they couldn't even turn around ..:( But those male O'shaughnessy was nice was very tempted to pull the trigger on one especially the big male with the 2 blue spots on his crest..:love: I also got a good deal on adult Dubai and Arcadia bulbs.. Will April 23 will be the next one hope we can meet.. By the way how's Becky doing?

I was very disappointed with the vendor selling those adults Oustalets and veils in a tiny small tank which they couldn't even turn around ..:( But those male O'shaughnessy was nice was very tempted to pull the trigger on one especially the big male with the 2 blue spots on his crest..:love: I also got a good deal on adult Dubai and Arcadia bulbs.. Will April 23 will be the next one hope we can meet.. By the way how's Becky doing?

I generally am not happy with the packaging of any animals at reptile shows. What vendor really NEEDS a hundred different crested geckos or snakes on display at their booth? Fewer animals displayed really nicely would be a better sell in my opinion (but I don't know how many animals get turned over at a show by any one vendor).

The ousties I did feel especially bad for. Those displays were way too small.

Bucky is doing much better. He took the move very badly (understandably - he was on the road for three days). He eating well now and starting to brighten up. He misses his big window - the view our of the apartment is not meant as nice. Hopefully our permanent home we'll have the perfect place for him.

Back
Top Bottom