White on mouth

For a couple days she had this white on the tip of her mouth. Do you know what it is? Is it the reptisun blue light? Here are some pictures:confused:

Attachments

• White mouth.jpg
    White mouth.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 310
  • Chameleon Pictures 027.jpg
    Chameleon Pictures 027.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 228
she is probably starting to shed. there is no disease associated with whitening of the nose from what i know.

I would let her shed in peace. She looks pretty angry.
Then again if my skin was so tight it bursts off, I would be angry too.

From what I can see it is a shed. Mine always starts rubbing the shed off his nose first thing when his shed rolls around.

edit: Spray a little more often and up the humidity. It will help her shed along.

Last edited:
Hard to tell but I agree looks like shed. My female sheds in different spots at different times.

Lily had an odd shed around her mouth once too. Looked like she had been drinking milk and had a milk moustache, lol! She really looked like she had dipped the tip of her nose in a glass of milk! I was worried about her at the time, but it shed ok andd she shed normally after that. Here's a pic of her mouth colouring right before she shed it off.

Attachments

• Milk Mouth!.jpg
    Milk Mouth!.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 168
Lily had an odd shed around her mouth once too. Looked like she had been drinking milk and had a milk moustache, lol! She really looked like she had dipped the tip of her nose in a glass of milk! I was worried about her at the time, but it shed ok andd she shed normally after that. Here's a pic of her mouth colouring right before she shed it off.

hmm miss lily you made me laugh about the milk and yeah that looks like what cleas has. Someone told me to give her a shower should i?

I would let her shed in peace. She looks pretty angry.
Then again if my skin was so tight it bursts off, I would be angry too.

From what I can see it is a shed. Mine always starts rubbing the shed off his nose first thing when his shed rolls around.

edit: Spray a little more often and up the humidity. It will help her shed along.
thanks for the info guys :)

hmm miss lily you made me laugh about the milk and yeah that looks like what cleas has. Someone told me to give her a shower should i?

Both of my guys love the shower. My apartment complex covers my water bill and i shower my female at least once a week and she loves it.

Just aim the shower head at the wall and let the spray hit them. I leave my female in the cage and let her stay in there for a half hour or so.

Just leave her alone she doesn't need showers just let her do her thing and she will be fine.

agreed.
If you feel you need to do something, increase how often you mist.

If in a few days you're still worried, try to get a close-up and IN FOCUS picture (perhaps when she is asleep and therefore will be less stressed)

This is exactly how Norris started his shed, although the first appearance was on his ' bottom lip ' rather than the top. Other than that it's identical. Stayed that way for about 4/5 days gradually getting a tiny bit bigger, and I mean tiny, barely noticable, then just burst free and shed all over his head.

Back
Top Bottom