white bar across 2 1/2 month old panther

salty dog

Chameleon Enthusiast
I would like to know What this signifies??
IMG_1201.jpg

If you are referring to the white lateral line allong both sides of the body, it is normal and the pure white is more often seen in males than females. In case you wondered, your panther in the picture is most likely a male.

Thanks!! Yeah he's a male his name is clove, he is growing so fast, curious to know if the white line signifies a mood, also is the line very common?? What if he has turned 60 percent pure white, is that common?

My ambilobe male has it too. I don't think it's part of his mood colors. My cham goes from blue to green to dark brown, the white bar is always there.

I'm just so astonished how cool these animals are, mine stays a silver grey most of the time with aqua showing pronounced on his head, I'm very anxious to see him fire up in a few months... what age do their colors really show?

I'm just so astonished how cool these animals are, mine stays a silver grey most of the time with aqua showing pronounced on his head, I'm very anxious to see him fire up in a few months... what age do their colors really show?
You and me both, he recently started showing blue which is awesome, cant wait to see his full colors. Mine is around 4 months now, not sure when full colors show, i believe around a year.

He is really big for 4 months!!! he's firing up red and blue, thats cool!! Mine looks alot like yours in mini version, I'm guessing these are common colors for ambilobe? I'm totally new, just trying to learn as much as I can

He is really big for 4 months!!! he's firing up red and blue, thats cool!! Mine looks alot like yours in mini version, I'm guessing these are common colors for ambilobe? I'm totally new, just trying to learn as much as I can
Not 100% sure of age, all FLChams was able to tell me is 3-4 months, so theres a chance hes now 5 months -- I am assuming younger.

I'm new too, this is my very first one and have had him for 4 weeks tomorrow. I have been wanting a cham for many years but was hesitant due to the level of care they need, and cost associated with buying a panther. Finally have the cash and time so I pulled the trigger.

I've been interested for many years, got a jacksons when I was a kid, it died from lacque of good husbandry.... so now, well last month, I decided to get one, although there wasn't an adult available so I got a deal on babies, I tried getting one 6 years ago but my significant other at the time wouldn't allow it, so I got into growing orchids, now I'm selling the orchids to fund my cham keeping, quite a bit of them are going into the vivariums, there is only a few viny orchids, and they grow pretty slow

I'd personally rather get a baby/juvenile and raise it then get an adult, but that's just me.

Interesting, I always thought orchids were cool.

I think I lucked out getting babies instead of an adult, not what I origianally wanted but in the long run, it teaches good husbandry and you get to spend more time with them

Yeah, he looks 3-4 months old, he's really fired up in your avatar, he's really colorful already!!
In person he doesn't always show the nice blue color, many days he looks mostly green when chilling out and brown when basking. He gets annoyed when I take pics, I think he can sense the infrared sensor on my phone camera, he puffed up for the very first time when I took that avatar pic -- he was headed to bed when I snapped that one.

You got lucky on the pic!! I havn't seen mine totally fire up with color yet, you have a special cham to show those colors so young. I really do think they take pride in their sleep!! Lol.. I noticed when I turn my lights on it takes them 5 minutes to come to

Thanks, I like what i am seeing so far, can't wait to see what he grows into.

I have my lights on from 11am to 11pm, he wakes up at 11am, but usually goes to bed around 5:30pm.. I'm hoping he adjusts eventually and stays up later, some days I do not get to see him when I get home from work. If i am lucky he is still awake and i can feed him a hornworm.

I turn on my lights at 5:30 a.m. and turn them off at 5:30 p.m. at 5:00 - 5:15 p.m. they settle in to their sleeping spots, and then glare at me, when are you going to turn them off!! Lol..

I turn on my lights at 5:30 a.m. and turn them off at 5:30 p.m. at 5:00 - 5:15 p.m. they settle in to their sleeping spots, and then glare at me, when are you going to turn them off!! Lol..
Lucky! How many chams do you have? Do you have separate enclosures?

Back
Top Bottom