White and dark spots.. help?

Jamielee

A week or so ago, after he got done shedding, these big white spots appeared on him.. I thought they would go away, but it's been awhile and they haven't gone away. I tried to search them on here but didn't find anything quite like this.. Now on the other side of him, there's dark spots starting to appear (smaller than the white spots). he also has one on his tail and the skin around it didn't come off after his shed. I tried to get some pictures of them.. the tail one didn't turn out real well but hopefully you can kinda see it. I'm starting to get worried.. please help! Thanks!

Attachments

• photo-16.jpg
    photo-16.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 377
  • photo-15.JPG
    photo-15.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 386
To me it looks like stuck pieces of skin from his shed. Could you upload more pictures? It would also be helpful to fill out this form.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - male panther chameleon. about 9 months old. and I've had him since he was about 2-3 months old.
Handling - a couple times a month
Feeding - usually crickets but occasionally hornworms and silkworms. about 5-6 crickets a day. wet and dry gut load..
Supplements - I follow the Kammer's schedule.
Herptivite (multivitamin with beta-carotene) - Mondays and Thursdays
Rep-Cal Calcium (calcium with and w/out vitamin D3 - depending on indoor or outdoor use) - Tuesdays and Fridays
Miner-All (calcium with essential trace minerals) - Wednesdays and Saturdays
Watering - I spray him about four or five times a day.
Fecal Description - normal

Cage Info:
Cage Type - screen cage. 4x2x2
Lighting - 2 reptiun 5.0 and two plant lights. one zoomed basking spot light.
Temperature - basking temp- 95-100 degrees and night temp is 65 degrees
Humidity - usually between 60% and 75%.. I don't do anything this time of the year, it's naturally humid where I live.
Plants - umbrella tree
Placement - in the corner of the living room. no one is ever here beside my roommate and I. his first cage was in another room and now that I've moved it, he's getting a lot more comfortable with us. the top of his cage is over 6ft tall.
Location - Northern Michigan

Current Problem - big white spots and some smaller dark spots. (main concern is the white ones)

I tried to get some more pictures... hopefully these help!

Attachments

• photo-20.JPG
    photo-20.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 531
  • photo-21.JPG
    photo-21.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 310
  • photo-18.JPG
    photo-18.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 254
first picture in the string of three, the thing on the knee looks like shed. i have no idea what the stuff on the body is. my GUESS is infection.

I'm pretty sure that it's not skin that's just stuck on after his shed...

I agree. It looks like the skin itself is discolored rather than having a discolored piece stuck to it. I'm worried about the possibility of a fungal infection from the way it looks. How long has it been this way and how fast is it changing?

they appeared after his last shed, which was about a week or two ago.. they got big fast but I don't think they've gotten bigger recently... I'm worried!! :( what should I do?!

they appeared after his last shed, which was about a week or two ago.. they got big fast but I don't think they've gotten bigger recently... I'm worried!! :( what should I do?!

If its gotten bigger, it is probably a fungal infection. I would recommend a vet visit ASAP.

I hope you figure out what is going on with the patches on your cham.
However, your basking spot temp is really high. Most people keep their panther temps 90 and lower, most uunder 85 (im fairly certain).
ALso, why do you have two uvb lights?

The spots haven't gotten bigger...

My basking temps just follow the Kammer's guidelines.. and I have two uvb lights because without them, my plant would die. There's no light in the corner.

My male veiled had a bacterial/fungal infection and it made his shedding quite irregular. If the spots are spreading, I would definitely take him in for a check up.

Melanie

Back
Top Bottom