White “haze” on side

Jo00

Established Member
Ricki has had this white haze or smudge on his side for over a month. I though it was a shed but it hasn’t changed at all. Does any know what it might be?

Attachments

• FECE0A21-45BA-48C4-9000-119AAF5FB0C2.jpeg
    FECE0A21-45BA-48C4-9000-119AAF5FB0C2.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 40
Should go away after shed. Mine has same right now but he started to shed today

Maybe week or two before. Didn't used to get when was younger. But since my veiled older now doesn't do whole body at a time. My parson gets like a milky look before she sheds.

Maybe week or two before. Didn't used to get when was younger. But since my veiled older now doesn't do whole body at a time. My parson gets like a milky look before she sheds.
ok Thanks very much.

Ricki has had this white haze or smudge on his side for over a month. I though it was a shed but it hasn’t changed at all. Does any know what it might be?
Can happen when they shed in pieces as they get older. Double check your humidity levels in your enclosure for both day and night.

Interesting. Thank you.
Can happen when they shed in pieces as they get older. Double check your humidity levels in your enclosure for both day and night.
I can’t seem to get humidity down to less than 55% during the day, even with running a room dehumidifier and an oscillating fan and computer fans drawing air out the top. Night humidity is 88-95%. any suggestions? I think that might be what’s interfering with the shed process.

Unfortunately this should never be used on a chameleon. Since they are dry shedders. If you spray them with this you can screw up the shedding process or create stuck shed.
It is going in the trash. I assumed spraying the leaves wouldn't hurt. I was wrong.

It is going in the trash. I assumed spraying the leaves wouldn't hurt. I was wrong.
Yeah I would not use it for that either... Their ingredients are aloe vera, Vitamins B1 and B3, Emollient, and water. They do not specifically list what the emollient is in the product. Which I do not like. The vitamins on their own would not really be an issue since they are water soluble. So no risk of build up and toxicity if the cham licks them. But the aloe could create a coating to your plants and anything it is sprayed on. So really the main thing I do not like is not knowing what the emollient is. Which is something that is used to trap moisture into the skin by creating a film. I know it products this can be anything from oil based to cream based. So yeah sorry that was long winded lol.

I can’t seem to get humidity down to less than 55% during the day, even with running a room dehumidifier and an oscillating fan and computer fans drawing air out the top. Night humidity is 88-95%. any suggestions? I think that might be what’s interfering with the shed process.
Where do you live hun? Your levels are not bad but you are in the max end range. Are these levels taken directly from the cage or the room?

Where do you live hun? Your levels are not bad but you are in the max end range. Are these levels taken directly from the cage or the room?
I’m located in Ottawa Ontario. The levels are from 2 Govees inside the enclosure.

What kind of cage do you have. Is he in a basement humidity is higher in basement. Right now I get alot of rain so my humidity goes up this time of year. So for like a month my veiled has day time humidity 46 to 50. Rest of year it's 40 45 in the day

I’m located in Ottawa Ontario. The levels are from 2 Govees inside the enclosure.
Hybrid enclosure? Bioactive or bare bottom?

Test your room levels and see how much lower they are too.

When I lived in far Northern California on the coast I had to deal with extreme humidity levels. Talking 80% easy in the house. I had to get a room dehumidifier to run all day long. It was able to keep the humidity down to about 40 in the room while my hybrid enclosures ranged 45-50%.

It is a balancing act. I will say that 55% will not be harmful. I did have to make adjustments to my misting sessions. Shortening my morning misting and having two long late afternoon mistings to help keep my levels lower. The morning mist was the key just because if you add a lot of moisture and heat it is going to spike and can hold in a hybrid. I also did not run my basking fixture all day. It was on at 9am 2 hours after my morning mist and then off at 2 pm so the temps would drop before my first misting at 3pm. This helped quite a bit as well.

Back
Top Bottom