White “haze” on side

Ok few things... This was the dehumidifier I was using. It was freaking fantastic and did an amazing job. But your room size matters too. This was in a room that was 14ft by about 12 ft. It did not put out enough heat to make a difference. I run DS hybrids as well. Again my ambient room humidity was 80% without running this. With it on I could get my cages down to 45-50%.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NRDBBH5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Your misting in the morning which will kick up levels with the lights. Your looking for your humidity to climb in the evenings not the mornings with lamps on. So I would edit this up quite a bit since you also fog at night. Provide a dripper during the day if needed. Then do a longer evening misting once the sansi and the heat lamp are off but the UVB is still on. This gives the cham an opportunity to drink but also clean eyes if needed.

Now Here is the flip side that I found with high humidity and fogging at night. Check the urates if they are runny like egg whites your actually over hydrating your cham. Yeah that is a thing lol. I had to stop fogging to get my guys urates to have a solid and white look to them rather than looking like egg whites.

Good grief😳😳😳. Then I am over hydrating!! The urates ARE usually like egg whites.

The heat lamp is already off at 10am. So, I will reset timers so that the Sansi goes off at 5pm and the UVB goes off at 6:45pm and I will set the mister for 2-3 minutes at 6:15pm. Does that sound right? Does this mean I should only schedule the 1 misting session? And run the fogger from 10pm to 5am on a 30 min on/30 min off schedule?

My dehumidifier is pretty much the same as yours only it’s Toshiba. In fact, I chose one that had basically the same specs of yours that I saw in a post a while back. But it does really heat up the room So that’s why I have to run the portable AC in late AM Or early PM.

I’m very grateful for your help with this!

But every persons home is different. Between where you are in the world. To what type of home. To if it has airconditioning or heat. There is such a thing as living in an extremely high humidity area. I had three enclosures one of which was 4 feet wide the other the standard 2 ft wide. So 8 ft of enclosures in one room. All hybrid enclosures with potted plants. 80% ambient humidity in that room and the entire house. It was 70% humidity before I even moved the cages in. So all those cages and tons of plants only bumped my natural humidity 10%. When you have natural high humidity you have to use a strong enough dehumidifier like @Jpeff and I are talking about. Or you can not pull down the ambient cage humidity because your base humidity level in the room is too high.
i lived in south florida with central air with humidity levels in house holding at 55% max in midday rain showers. Most houses in subtropical climates have dehumidifiers built into the ac system. Humidity levels that high in a whole house with central air running indicates a issue. Having lived in multiple climates I can personally tell you a proper working hvac system makes a night and day difference.

Ricki has had this white haze or smudge on his side for over a month. I though it was a shed but it hasn’t changed at all. Does any know what it might be?
Definetly a shed you can see the ares above it shedaqq by the edges. Sometimes an area is not thick enough to release which is what you got going on here. Just give it time and dont touch!

i lived in south florida with central air with humidity levels in house holding at 55% max in midday rain showers. Most houses in subtropical climates have dehumidifiers built into the ac system. Humidity levels that high in a whole house with central air running indicates a issue. Having lived in multiple climates I can personally tell you a proper working hvac system makes a night and day difference.
My HVAC tech is coming next week so I’ll have him take a look and see if there is a problem with that particular room because the rest of the house is fine. It was ok before I set up the chams in there but it could be coincidence.

Only way ac making it go up is. If ac is in attic and some of the insulation came off duck work. That makes the duck work build up condensation in duck and blows humidity in room. Easy way to tell is if you have build up on vent in room. It's common on older ducking. Say a rodent or something got in attic or crawl space. But very easy fix.

Good grief😳😳😳. Then I am over hydrating!! The urates ARE usually like egg whites.

The heat lamp is already off at 10am. So, I will reset timers so that the Sansi goes off at 5pm and the UVB goes off at 6:45pm and I will set the mister for 2-3 minutes at 6:15pm. Does that sound right? Does this mean I should only schedule the 1 misting session? And run the fogger from 10pm to 5am on a 30 min on/30 min off schedule?

My dehumidifier is pretty much the same as yours only it’s Toshiba. In fact, I chose one that had basically the same specs of yours that I saw in a post a while back. But it does really heat up the room So that’s why I have to run the portable AC in late AM Or early PM.

I’m very grateful for your help with this!
Sounds good. Start there and leave your settings this way for a week. Let everything balance back out with the new settings. See how the humidity level does and how the urates look. Let me know where your at with everything in a week.

Like I said it is a total balancing act. I was quite annoyed when I found out you could actually over hydrate them. Because I was following all the feedback then could not figure out what was going on lol. Ended up emailing back and forth with Bill Strand to figure out I did not read the section on over hydrating being a thing lol Yep good stuff.

Sounds good. Start there and leave your settings this way for a week. Let everything balance back out with the new settings. See how the humidity level does and how the urates look. Let me know where your at with everything in a week.

Like I said it is a total balancing act. I was quite annoyed when I found out you could actually over hydrate them. Because I was following all the feedback then could not figure out what was going on lol. Ended up emailing back and forth with Bill Strand to figure out I did not read the section on over hydrating being a thing lol Yep good stuff.
Indeed it turns out to be a little more in-depth than it appears. I just finished reading all I could about over hydration😵‍💫 and my head is spinning. Thank you for all the legwork you did on this topic with Petr and Bill. I can say that, after Ricki’s poop/urate today, he is , without question, over hydrated!! I will, as you suggested, leave the new settings in place for a week with daily monitoring and let you know where everything is at with humidity and urates. I will also take a closer look at the ducting from the furnace to the vent in that room with the HVAC technician to see if it is contributing to the room’s humidity. Again, thanks for your help and advice. You rock, Girl. I will update this post in a week. Thanks also to Jpeff for input on the humidity issue. So lucky to have this support👍

Only way ac making it go up is. If ac is in attic and some of the insulation came off duck work. That makes the duck work build up condensation in duck and blows humidity in room. Easy way to tell is if you have build up on vent in room. It's common on older ducking. Say a rodent or something got in attic or crawl space. But very easy fix.
Duct work goes from the furnace in the basement to this room and it is not a long run. Got me wondering if something is interfering with the flow through that duct🤔. I’ll be updating this post in a week in terms of both over hydration and the humidity. Thanks for your input!!

Duct work goes from the furnace in the basement to this room and it is not a long run. Got me wondering if something is interfering with the flow through that duct🤔. I’ll be updating this post in a week in terms of both over hydration and the humidity. Thanks for your input!!
ya if the rest of your house is way lower and thats the only room I have a feeling over hydration is the culprit.

ya if the rest of your house is way lower and thats the only room I have a feeling over hydration is the culprit.
I’ve switched up the hydration schedules and see if that solves the humidity problem along with the over hydration and, if not, then I’ll get the HVAC checked.

If it's ac it just be that duck going to room. My brother own his hvac company. So it be real easy and cheap fix if is ac

It could also be a dirty evaporator.. there are actually a couple issues that could cause this..
Frozen Evaporator Coils.
Dirt, Dust, and Debris. ...
Improper AC Size. ...

Improper charge..

🌝

Source myself can provide Epa license and certs in hvac and refrigeration.

Too small would do whole house. Improper charge wouldn't cool or take longer. Dust dirty coils you should smell or shut off for over heating. The frozen one you would see on outside unit.

Its humidity coming off the enclosure then. I doubt there's a issue if its not the whole house. Central air should be able to control humidity levels pretty good. Is there a return vent in the room with the issue. This would help bring that humid air back into the system. Laying off the hydration should help so report back after that changes. You could ask how much it would be to add a return in if you dont already have one in there!

Or it could be clogged drain line Making pan overflow. But to do room would have to be next to it

Too small would do whole house. Improper charge wouldn't cool or take longer. Dust dirty coils you should smell or shut off for over heating. The frozen one you would see on outside unit.
i have seen inside evaps freeze over. Birds nest of human hair and pet hair ... No smell on a dirty evap for the most part.

Condensation in duck if instalation not on duck would cause only in summer. You only need one little area on duck for it to happen

Back
Top Bottom