Which Misting Timer?

SoCaliSon

Avid Member
Well... Long Long over due... We are finally deciding to make our lives much easier. Julia and I have decided to order our Misting System. I am awaiting my quote from Jason at HerpMist... But I am still making my mind up on the timer option. There is the Standard Digital Timer or the upgrade of the Repeat Cycle Timer.
I would like to hear opinions from people who are using one of the timers, or who have tried both. I don't even want to think of how much time to date I have spent standing in front of cages with a Pump Hand Sprayer, it is time to step it up. I really don't know why I waited so long.

Thanks,
Joe

Well... Long Long over due... We are finally deciding to make our lives much easier. Julia and I have decided to order our Misting System. I am awaiting my quote from Jason at HerpMist... But I am still making my mind up on the timer option. There is the Standard Digital Timer or the upgrade of the Repeat Cycle Timer.
I would like to hear opinions from people who are using one of the timers, or who have tried both. I don't even want to think of how much time to date I have spent standing in front of cages with a Pump Hand Sprayer, it is time to step it up. I really don't know why I waited so long.

Thanks,
Joe
Joe, the herpmist is ok, but the mistking has a better pump and a WAY better timer, its brand new, i just got it and its awesome, Marty will hook you up with whatever you need. Check out their timer, made just for this, http://www.mistking.com/Seconds-Timer-p-16198.html
im thinking about getting another one for the lights as well so they are more accurate than my home depot timer. The timer solve all the problems of the previous timers and allows you to set up to eight different mist times with different lengths. its super easy to set and even easier to change if you want to change your misting schedule. Also, i have heard some negative things about Jason's reliability from other cham owners...

Last edited:
I would go digital. It is far more versatile. I set mine up to mist only during the times I am home. That way I can monitor the system in case something goes wrong or if my drainage bucket overflows. One time I was away and one of my misting nozzles popped off. The whole floor of my room was soaked for a 20 minute session.

herpmist is ok, but the mistking has a better pump and a WAY better timer, its brand new, i just got it and its awesome, Marty will hook you up with whatever you need. Check out their timer, made just for this, http://www.mistking.com/Seconds-Timer-p-16198.html
im thinking about getting another one for the lights as well so they are more accurate than my home depot timer. I have heard some things about Jason's reliability...

I got this timer. It works awesome.

Joe, i use the Standard Digital Timer on my adult animals and its worked out great for me so far. A little tricky to program at first but once you figure it out it doesn't take long at all. Call me stupid but i even spilt water on the timer, soaking it and it didnt work at all, nothing would even show up on the screen. I let it dry out while i hand misted for like 5 days and viola, works like new, i just figured it was probably dirty inside so i had to clean it out somehow :rolleyes:. The pump works great too.

Joe, the herpmist is ok, but the mistking has a better pump and a WAY better timer, its brand new, i just got it and its awesome, Marty will hook you up with whatever you need. Check out their timer, made just for this, http://www.mistking.com/Seconds-Timer-p-16198.html
im thinking about getting another one for the lights as well so they are more accurate than my home depot timer. The timer solve all the problems of the previous timers and allows you to set up to eight different mist times with different lengths. its super easy to set and even easier to change if you want to change your misting schedule. Also, i have heard some negative things about Jason's reliability from other cham owners...

have you personally tried both timers and a herpmist pump?

have you personally tried both timers and a herpmist pump?

no and i can see where i sounded a little condescending before, i didnt mean to come off that way, but i did read probably 100 different customer reviews and i compared the specs of the pump, for the base model's i believe(if i remember correctly) that the mist king could power more nozzles, 20 to be exact, and you can run it dry, thus resulting in "better". And the timer, well the timer is just better for its flexibility that the other ones cant get close to for the price. Dont get me wrong, i was a click away from ordering the herpmist, but i got a pm telling me about the downsides from a herpmist owner,

no and i can see where i sounded a little condescending before, i didnt mean to come off that way, but i did read probably 100 different customer reviews and i compared the specs of the pump, for the base model's i believe(if i remember correctly) that the mist king could power more nozzles, 20 to be exact, and you can run it dry, thus resulting in "better". And the timer, well the timer is just better for its flexibility that the other ones cant get close to for the price. Dont get me wrong, i was a click away from ordering the herpmist, but i got a pm telling me about the downsides from a herpmist owner,

No no i didnt mean to call you out by any means im just curious as to what you have heard bad about the pump?

No no i didnt mean to call you out by any means im just curious as to what you have heard bad about the pump?

There is almost no difference between the pumps other than a label. I have used both nozzles and am very happy with both. The digital timer from both are basically the same as in function. Just different suppliers.

They are both IMO - from personal experience. Both equally top notch products and companies.

Let me add I have two herpmist systems and am running a total of 14 herpmist nozzles and 1 Mistking nozzle.

Digital works just fine for me. The set up wasnt hard at all. I only wish it had a better LCD on it the letter is a little hard to read.

Side note...both pumps can be ran dry....and other then price and compnay names both system im sure work exactly the same.

Wherestimpy...After you placed your order with Mistking...How long did it take to recieve your package?
i used the cheapest shipping method and i got it in about a week and a half, and i ordered it on a friday of a holiday weekend or something like that, so really it wasnt that many business days. But they had some really fast options available for more money. Marty emailed me right after i placed the order to let me in on the new timer cause it wasnt on the website yet, and he refunded me the extra 50 bucks from the other timer. Cant beat that, doing business with someone who wants to save you money, at least in my opinion.

Last edited:
Digital works just fine for me. The set up wasnt hard at all. I only wish it had a better LCD on it the letter is a little hard to read.

Side note...both pumps can be ran dry....and other then price and compnay names both system im sure work exactly the same.
i tried to compare but herpmist doesn't say what the psi is on the hobbyist pump, they have a big pump with 160psi though, but it was expensive. The mist king basic one is 130 psi, i will say that they sure do look the same...

Thanks everyone for your input. I decided to go with the digital timer. Also, after shopping this around, and inquiring and recieving prompt responses from both MistKing and HerpMist... I have decided to go with HerpMist. Why? $$$. Both gentlemen were incredibly helpful and informative on the phone, and both seemed like they were willing to help me get set up right, but Herpmist was able to save me some money in the end... Maybe not loads and loads of Dough... but with the way things are right now every little penny helps. Can't wait till this things comes next week!

~Joe

If you don’t KNOW the facts then don’t pretend to. The pumps are made by the same place; calling one way better is like saying my left shoe is better than my right.

I use timers that I get from lowes, they are like 20 bucks and have more settings than you will ever need.

I use the digital timer and it works fine. I got mine from Harbor Freight Tools for $9. And Chad is right about the pumps, aquatec makes them and they are all the same, just different label.

and you can run it dry, thus resulting in "better".

Please, if you're going to compare the pumps that we sell, please do so using accurate statements. I have never in the history of my company sold a pump that cannot be run dry. Every single pump that I've ever sold has been an Aquatec that can run dry without damage.

By stating the above, you're implying that the Aquatec pump that I sell cannot be run dry and that's totally wrong. Any similar Aquatec manufactured pump can be.

Where did you hear/read that? I've been stating that pretty enthusiastically from the very beginning of my company.

BTW, the PSI on my standard pump is 110. It's very clearly stated on the website.

If you don’t KNOW the facts then don’t pretend to. The pumps are made by the same place; calling one way better is like saying my left shoe is better than my right.

True statement! I deal with OEM manufacturers on alot of things, and you'd be surprised how many companies get their stuff from the same place and the only difference is the label.

Also, I've had tons of timers. I currently have two of the digital timers you can find in most hardware stores (the one vegas chad mentioned). They cost a bit less than the timer mistking offers and works perfect...lots of cycles in a day and down to 1min. cycle times (I use 4 3min. cycles throughout the day). My only issue with it is the plug being on the side rather than the front....but its a convenience issue rather than a functionality issue.

that being said, I'm going to order one of the mistking seconds timers when I get the extra dough. I like the plug on the front and I'd like to see if its worth it to try some 30 to 45 second cycles.

Back
Top Bottom