Which incubator??

Psychobunny

Avid Member
So, which model of incubator do you guyz use?

Built in fan, or no fan?

Do they maintain the set humidity okay?

What will you be using it for? I only use mine for silk worm egss. I have the zoo med reptibator and it works very well for my purpose.

What will you be using it for? I only use mine for silk worm egss. I have the zoo med reptibator and it works very well for my purpose.

That's it, silkie eggs mostly.
Right now, I put the container over a Bean Farm Ultratherm heat mat.

Looked at the Zoo Med, too many bad reviews at Amazon :confused:

im using the new 2013 exo terra incubator and its been holding 1 degree, so far im pertty satisfied with it.

Im sorry got ahead of myself. I currently have some Nosey Be eggs in there. The incubator heats and cools and i have been able to hold 99% humidity but i do need to bring it down.

I haven't had any issues w my reptibator, and I have found that you don't really need to worry much about humidity for silk eggs. You can spray some water on the foam pad to increase it if needed. I set it to 85 degrees and it holds well.

I haven't had any issues w my reptibator, and I have found that you don't really need to worry much about humidity for silk eggs. You can spray some water on the foam pad to increase it if needed. I set it to 85 degrees and it holds well.

Thanks pigglett, I went ahead and ordered one from Amazon.com.

I put down a layer of mullberry leaves so the moths could lay their eyes directly on them in a clear plastic box and I lightly mist them once a day.

Now the leaves are dried out of course.
I hope I didnt ruin this batch of eggs like the last!! :eek: :eek:

How do you get the chow to the hatchling right after hatching before they
die??

Back
Top Bottom