Which enclosure?

JJchameleon

Hi there,
I have been looking at all sorts of different enclosures recently and today I finally thought I had found the right one (exo terra flexarium) but then I looked at the reviews and there were lots of negative reviews :( do any of you have any experience with the flexarium? Now I am looking at an XL reptibreeze enclosure, but again lots of negative reviews (rust etc.) I am keen for as few insects to escape as possible :rolleyes: Do you have any other recommendations for enclosures? I will be keeping this indoors with a panther chameleon.
All comments appreciated :)
JJ (Jacob)
PS: I have all if the heating and lighting set up

i dont mind the reptibreaz... its... convenient. there are several things i dont like about it... stainless steel screws do rust if you spray them with water...
the cage false bottom, is really soft... plants will cause it to bow down, and cant really put a whole lot of weight on the top of the cage... lights, drippers, what not...

i do like them because they provide an environment that is suitable for most chameleons; fresh air, tall, secure, and are reasonably priced and easy to get for most of us, and very easy to assemble.

a few things that i would change... adding some kind of stiffener...
so that the cage dont flex when you place dripper or a light on top.

something better, dragon strands cages.... they look extremely nice... and well designed...
very well thought out... as he is one of us....

I recommend the Dragon Strand cages for sure.

I had a 18 x 18 x 36" reptibreeze. it was my guy's first enclosure, so it is especially messed up with lots of holes. I did a lot of experimenting with it to see what would work. I'm going to fix it up and use it as a enclosure for the outside for when it's nice out.

I spent an unnecessary amount of money on lighting. Not sure what your situation is, but I started off with compact UVBs, then got a reptisun 5.0. PERSONALLY, I wish I would have just bought the Arcadia UVB fixture w/ 6.5k bulb. SOOO much brighter.

Back
Top Bottom