Where to get frozen mice?

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
Not sure if I would use mice yet(it would be a rare occasion kind of thing). I like the idea of feeder lizards more, but I don't have any yet and ordering B grade feeder lizards makes me worry about parasites. So I was considering giving a frozen mouse a try to see if he'd go for it. Does anyone know of a good place to order from? The standards of Petco and other petstores make me worry about the quality of their frozen mice. Also does anyone have info regarding the nutrient content of the different mice(pinky vs fuzzy vs ?), I remember it was brought up in another post, but can't remember which.

Not sure if I would use mice yet(it would be a rare occasion kind of thing). I like the idea of feeder lizards more, but I don't have any yet and ordering B grade feeder lizards makes me worry about parasites. So I was considering giving a frozen mouse a try to see if he'd go for it. Does anyone know of a good place to order from? The standards of Petco and other petstores make me worry about the quality of their frozen mice. Also does anyone have info regarding the nutrient content of the different mice(pinky vs fuzzy vs ?), I remember it was brought up in another post, but can't remember which.
I called around my mom and pop shops to find them. I think the post your thinking about might be the one i posted a month back. @GoodKarma19 put some info about pinkies in the thread at the end. Hope it helps

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/feeding-a-pinkie.169161/page-2

Vitamin A, D3, B, calcium and whatever else. Not sure which would be a better route, pinkies or older. Pinkies have higher protein and lower fat along with milk in their gut's. Older mice have higher vitamin concentrations and more calcium from the bones.

I know a lot of stores carry them, but I was just hoping somebody knew of a quality, clean source to get them online. Never know where the pet stores get their stuff.

Vitamin A, D3, B, calcium and whatever else. Not sure which would be a better route, pinkies or older. Pinkies have higher protein and lower fat along with milk in their gut's. Older mice have higher vitamin concentrations and more calcium from the bones.

I know a lot of stores carry them, but I was just hoping somebody knew of a quality, clean source to get them online. Never know where the pet stores get their stuff.
So would feeding pinkies be better since they are hairless... Less to try to break down I would imagine?

I feed a pinky mouse every other month or so... It does Apollo some good, he's been doing pretty good on it too. If you live near Maryland there's a shop in Fredrick that may do some good called ricks fish and pet supply, they may have it. If not try ordering a live one. i think I remember hearing that you live mid east coast but I truly have no idea plus the live probably have more nutrition.

Another option buy mice to breed :eek: I low key have been considering this. I know it’s mean but my chameleons deserve the best

I breed rats for my snakes so I know when I say... Mice smell way worst. If you are just going to feed one or two a month don't breed. I go through about 50-70 rats per month so it's a little different for me, then feeding a couple animals.

Back
Top Bottom