Where does your cham sleep?

Most of the time around the edge of his ficus, or in the hanging pothos but last night he slept on one of the ropes I have around the top of the cage.

On a vine stuck between the vine and the top of his cage. This is the highest point in the cage, slightly higher than his basking spot.

He used to sleep in the umbrella but only for a few days.

Last edited:
he has a favorite branch by the bottom of his ficus tree almost sleeps on the pot.

when we first got frank
he would sleep on one of the fake vines we have near the top
he would always either prop his head on a leaf
or sleep on the edge of one of the leaves
but one night we ran out of crickets....he had already eaten 8 that day
so he went down near the bottom of his cage to find crickets
and it was right when his lights turned off
so he fell asleep on our pothos plant
and now he always sleeps down there
we think it might be time to get some thicker vines for the top
hes starting to get noticeably bigger :)
chameleons are so adorable when they sleep
<3

Clyde usually sleeps under one of his lights. My guess is that its because he won't have to move very much when I turn them on in the morning. However, when I turn the lights off he's anywhere he feels like, but using transient light from other rooms, he heads to the top. People have coffee, chams have warm lights. After about an hour under the light in the morning, he's off and running.

I asked this question because I wanted to see if this was a chameleon manuever or a preference according to personality. I hope more jump in on this thread and say where their chams sleep.
I like that Fractal sleeps at the front of his cage like a watch dog. lol

i dont know but its strange. my little guy has been sleeping in different places the last few nights. at first he would sleep in the middle of his cage on his ficus tree. he did this for the last few months. now i find im in different spots like last night it took me at least 20 minutes to find him. i found im in the back sleeping on his pothos plant. and tonight he is on one of his fake vines. heres a picture of him tonight. used phone picture aint that good sorry but he still is cute when he sleeps, lol

Attachments

• SP_A0228.jpg
    SP_A0228.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 124
my male ambanja loves getting in the middle of his ficus. my female ambilobe loves sleeping on the middle vine in her cage.. the vine thats between both plants.

and yes it is the cutest thing to see when their eyes are closed and their heads are resting on whatever theyre on. i love it!

I asked this question because I wanted to see if this was a chameleon manuever or a preference according to personality. I hope more jump in on this thread and say where their chams sleep.
I like that Fractal sleeps at the front of his cage like a watch dog. lol

Judging by the responses, it appears that every cham DOES have their own preference.

On a side note, I have two heat lamps in my cage. One is a 100 watt, the other is a 60 watt. I always have them on at the same time. Its amusing to watch Clyde throughout the day. When he gets too hot, he goes to the 60, when he gets to cold he moves to the 100. I guess its his little work out. :D

And just as always, when the lights when out, he moved over to the 100 side so he gets a full dose of warmth in the morning!

bud usually sleeps on his pothos but have seen him sleep in diff spots only ever seen jim once sleep on his fack branch ws amazed never goes on it really.but pothos seems his favs nice big leaves for him to rest his head on:)

My Veiled Cham sleeps at the back behind a fake plant, 9/10 times. Otherwise he is halfway down the viv in the middle, pointing upward.

My little Nosy Be never sleeps in the same spot, every night I come in I spend about 20 minutes looking for him! Last night he was really cute, he was in the fake plant holding onto just one leaf with his tail all curled up with it! Looked very comfy!

Ash

i dont know but its strange. my little guy has been sleeping in different places the last few nights. at first he would sleep in the middle of his cage on his ficus tree. he did this for the last few months. now i find im in different spots like last night it took me at least 20 minutes to find him. i found im in the back sleeping on his pothos plant. and tonight he is on one of his fake vines. heres a picture of him tonight. used phone picture aint that good sorry but he still is cute when he sleeps, lol

For the most part, I am seeing a pattern in the cham sleeping habits. But yours has me wondering. For instance, When Fractal's water dripper has been filled too much and lasts into his sleep time, he will take an alternate branch to avoid the drip. Otherwise, he's a creature of habit. I am wondering what has your guy roaming? Is lights out the same time each night? Could bugs be bothering him? Just really curious.

Hope more people say where their chams sleep. :D

Ha! What a cute thing to do. My little panther likes to sleep on this one particular branch that arches in his ficus. The thing that baffles me is that he is that he's right were I can see him and he's a fairly why guy.

Ha! What a cute thing to do. My little panther likes to sleep on this one particular branch that arches in his ficus. The thing that baffles me is that he is that he's right were I can see him and he's a fairly why guy.

This is what I'm talking about.... it's odd such creatures sleep where they do. I mean I like that Fractal sleep to the front, but in the wild, seems like they would want to sleep inside a cluster of branch and leaves, deep in.

Oh yeah.... and seems they most all sleep with noses pointing upward?
I sure would like to hear from more people and species too. Where does YOUR cham sleep?

I have only had mine for a few days but they sleep in the same spot. My Panther curls up in the fake plants on the left side of his cage. My Jackson sleeps on his basking branch. I guess so that he doesn't need to move in the morning. Mine also put themselves to bed at 7pm every night. So I have started turning lights out then. They are like my kids I love to watch them sleep.

Back
Top Bottom