Where do YOU get your crickets or what is a better buy?

MantisFTW

Hi all, Ive been ordering my crickets in bulks of 1000 from Premiumcrickets.com ever since I got my first chameleon over a year ago, and I'm wondering if there is a cheaper place to order them. 1000 crickets at $25 every 2-2 and a half to maybe three weeks gets pretty pricey and its gone up since then too.

So I ask you guys where some of you personally get your own crickets! If there is no better buy then I'll deal with it lol. I just dont want to be spending more than I have to.

Yak

Hi all, Ive been ordering my crickets in bulks of 1000 from Premiumcrickets.com ever since I got my first chameleon over a year ago, and I'm wondering if there is a cheaper place to order them. 1000 crickets at $25 every 2-2 and a half to maybe three weeks gets pretty pricey and its gone up since then too.

So I ask you guys where some of you personally get your own crickets! If there is no better buy then I'll deal with it lol. I just dont want to be spending more than I have to.

I've heard Ghan farms are great. I order in Cali. healthy and active frm ReptileRealms
check em

MantisFTW

Thank you, I will try these.

Yeah I know I'm probably just nit picking about prices, what can I say though, I'm a bargain shopper haha.

I'll take more suggestions if anyone has them.

Juancito

Have you tried breeding them? I've done it my first time and am pleased there are at least a couple hundred :) I'm going to keep breeding them. no more buying crickets for this cheap Puerto Rican

MantisFTW

I tried breeding once but it didn't work out. I don't have the right kind of soil (closest thing I had to use was coffee grounds-Louisiana soil just turns into sloppy mud when wet) and I can't keep it at the right moisture, its either over watered or just too dry.

Ventari

I've heard Ghan farms are great. I order in Cali. healthy and active frm ReptileRealms
check em

I can vouche for ghann's I get 1000 a week or so for my boss and myself to save on shipping they are great and have very little die off if you keep the bucket clean and them watered/fed

MantisFTW

I looked at Flukers and Ghan Farms and they were either exactly the same price or more. Im sensing that I probably wont find anything better than what I already have, but thats fine though lol

MantisFTW

The shipping for Ghans is more than Premiumcrickets though. Ghans and Premium charge exactly the same for the crickets, $14.99 for 3/4" or 10% winged, but the cheapest shipping for Ghans is $12.68 while Premium's is $9.77 (and its for 2 day). The difference isn't much but its still a difference, although the distance of the store to where I live probably has to do with it.

MantisFTW

I can vouche for ghann's I get 1000 a week or so for my boss and myself to save on shipping they are great and have very little die off if you keep the bucket clean and them watered/fed

The shipping for Ghans is more than Premiumcrickets though. Ghans and Premium charge exactly the same for the crickets, $14.99 for 3/4" or 10% winged, but the cheapest shipping for Ghans is $12.68 while Premium's is $9.77 (and its for 2 day). The difference isn't much but its still a difference, although the distance of the store to where I live probably has to do with it.

Yak

I tried breeding once but it didn't work out. I don't have the right kind of soil (closest thing I had to use was coffee grounds-Louisiana soil just turns into sloppy mud when wet) and I can't keep it at the right moisture, its either over watered or just too dry.

have you tried eco soil? I put that in my frogs' tank

Juancito

Really? I used eco earth loose coco subrate

Top Bottom