Where can I find 48" branches?

Warning...if you buy branches in pet or hobby shops be careful. The scrubbed manzanita branches can be so slick the chams will have trouble getting a grip on them. And, a 48" manzanita perch will be expensive. Their fine claws don't really dig in to the dense hard wood. If you get sandblasted grapefine be careful to clean them often. Grapevine molds pretty fast if kept wet. Check out your neighborhood for recently pruned tree branches, scrub them with hot water and some bleach, rinse well, dry thoroughly, and use them instead. As chams don't chew you can use pretty much anything that isn't oozing sap.

i had to haha, but its the truth...i get most of my brnches from my backyard or when i go on nature hikes

ha, nature hikes..reminds me of everytime i go camping , or when i was young going to oregon with the fam, and ied be bringing back piles of manzanita, grapevines, sticks n logs..hahaha

Free Branches

I only prefer "free" branches. The power company was trimming trees the other day and left them in the neighbors yard. I took everyone of them and trimmed them down. I have more branches than I need, and good ones too. Now I need more cages to put the branches in, along with a chameleon of course ; ). I also have a huge one that I did not trim and I use it for my Calyptratus to free range, and place in the shower sometimes. I cannot see paying for branches, maybe one of those fancy driftwood pieces, but not branches. I would go and walk a trail somewhere and collect the ones that you want, not only what the store has to offer. I scrubbed mine with strong bleach water and left them in the sun for three days.

kire

Except those have parasites and fungus on them no? I don't have space to boil 2' branches.

I have never boiled or bleached a branch and have never had a problem.

Just a good soapy wash and rinsed with the garden hose and then dried in the sun. Works everytime :)

Back
Top Bottom