When you take your chameleon out...

I walked with Luie out to our mail box on the side of the road and this girl walking by ask me if I just found him out there and had just picked him up.

I walked with Luie out to our mail box on the side of the road and this girl walking by ask me if I just found him out there and had just picked him up.

My ex grew up in StCloud and has had 5 iguana's that she caught in her back yard. And down where you are (ok a lil further south) they are running amok in neighborhoods. In Boca the feral iguana population is bordering on infestation. Seriously the wild iguana population is larger than the local squirrel population.

Not that a whole lot of people have seen my collection, but to date no one has made the iguana assumption. I think the eyes are a pretty big give away.

My ex grew up in StCloud and has had 5 iguana's that she caught in her back yard. And down where you are (ok a lil further south) they are running amok in neighborhoods. In Boca the feral iguana population is bordering on infestation. Seriously the wild iguana population is larger than the local squirrel population.

Not that a whole lot of people have seen my collection, but to date no one has made the iguana assumption. I think the eyes are a pretty big give away.

We have the iguana here. One was swimming in the pool one day and I was worried that he might not be able to get out on his own. He was SO FAST I though I'm never catch him with the pool net but finally did and released him to the vacant lot next door.

Just like with chams you will find the odd ball who doesn't mind us silly humans. I once happened upon one of these on my way out to my car at Boca Com Hospital. An impressive 6-7 foot male sunning himself on the black top of the parking lot. He let me walk up to him and give him a few strokes. I was very very tempted to snag this guy but at the time I wasn't keeping herps.

In Michigan, we have no feral iguanas for comparison. People know he's a lizard, and they know he's a specific type of lizard with a name they should know, but that's as far as it goes. (People have also called Thaxter a gecko.)

Back
Top Bottom