When you are brumating and shedding at the same time

nightanole

Chameleon Enthusiast
He made the mistake of coming out for a drink on the first sunny and 70f day of the year. Im not going to miss that opportunity.

IMG_20220305_130420.jpg

IMG_20220305_130446.jpg

He’s been brumating for 6 months?! 😲 Dang! That’s a crazy long time! Mr Lola looks beautiful, and I’m always thrilled when you share pics of him. 🥰

can i see his actual enclosure

Dont really have a wide shot of the complete enclosure. But since then i have added wood platforms on either side of the icb tote to fill the entire 5x5 area.

So the main tub is a icb tote cut in half. So hes got about 2ft of dirt to make caves in. Then i have a 3x3 washer over flow basin on top, with a heating pad topped with slate roofing tiles (great for wearing down nails). Then its just the standard T5HO and halogen basking bulbs.

IMG_20191123_180429 (1).jpg

IMG_20191124_151337 (1).jpg

IMG_20200614_085350.jpg

IMG_20200618_181026.jpg

that is pretty dope tegu's are awesome how much work are they my friend wants a blue tegu which is basically a black and white tegu in reverse

that is pretty dope tegu's are awesome how much work are they my friend wants a blue tegu which is basically a black and white tegu in reverse

The hardest part is the enclosure. its really hard to make a Very large enclosure that is also very high in humidity. So some how you have to hit 80% while having good air flow, and above 80f. If you dont do that you will have shed problems. Baths and "udder cream" wont help.

But they dont need taming, so that is good. They dont really wiggle when you pick them up, you just got to get them situated so they dont think they will fall.
Food is pretty easy and cheap. I do chicken feet, high end dog food, and local rejected "too small eggs" and then i make semi veggie diy reptilinks for veg. They will prefer meat, so getting a diet of 50% veg is kinda hard. I end up just making really gross fruit smoothies and putting it in lamb sausage tubes.

Yea....

It was supposed to be a girl so less than half the weight of a boy. But hey 6 months after i got her she started developing manly jowls...
So bye bye 5-7 pounds, hello 10-15 pounds.
I remember him being much smaller in one of your last posts. Is he friendly? I could not imagine having something that big and it not being friendly.

I remember him being much smaller in one of your last posts. Is he friendly? I could not imagine having something that big and it not being friendly.

Oh yea hes friendly. Its just like carrying around a sack of potatoes, doesnt wiggle at all. About the only thing you cant do is hand feed. If he misses you are going to stat care.

Back
Top Bottom